Free event! Boston New Technology's March product showcase - 27th edition!
Come learn about 7 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech and use the #bnt27 hashtag in social media posts: details here.
1. VoltDB / @VoltDB - A scale out persistent in-memory OLTP database focused on high velocity transaction processing! (Ariel Weisberg) www.VoltDB.com Technologies: Java, C++, Ruby, Python, PHP, C++, C#
2. Polar / @PolarPolls - The most fun you can have collecting and sharing opinions. Free iPhone app lets you take entertaining polls and make your own! (Dmitry Dragilev / @Dragilev) www.PolarB.com
3. MortgageAuction.com / @LendersBid - Saves borrowers $10k on average via open auction bidding where lenders discount mortgage rates and fees! (Jeff Chin / @IAmJeffChin) www.MortgageAuction.com Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Twitter Bootstrap
4. Mecube / @MeCubeCom - Easy-to-learn mobile 3D design software that allows anyone to 3D print their designs from their smartphone or tablet! Get the iPhone/iPad app. (Janos Stone) www.MeCube.com Technologies: HTML5, Java
5. AppPack by Ubersimple / @UberSimple - Lets you easily collect and share info from events using a mobile app or web on your phone. (Brad Durbin) www.UberSimple.com Technologies: iOS, Android, mongo, Node.js, SQL, HTML5, PHP
7. PlowMe / @PlowMeApp - Lets you wake up to a snow-free driveway, a shoveled walkway, even a cleared-off vehicle. (Yeh Diab / @yehdiab & Brandon Casci) www.PlowMe.com
McGlynn, Clinton & Hall Insurance Agencies, Inc. -For over 50 years, the McGlynn, Clinton & Hall insurance agencies have worked hard to provide our customers with the insurance coverage and financial services they need. Whether you have a multi-million dollar business with hundreds of employees or just need home and automobile insurance, our knowledgeable staff will make sure you have the right amount of coverage at the best price. Follow @LLMcGlynn. www.mchinsure.com [masked]
VoltDB provides a fully durable, in-memory relational database that combines high-velocity data ingestion and real-time data analytics and decisioning to enable organizations to unleash a new generation of big data applications that deliver unprecedented business value. Organizations in markets ranging from financial services and Web media, to public utilities and national defense, use VoltDB to narrow the “ingestion-to-decision” gap from minutes, or even hours, to milliseconds. Founded by database legend Dr. Michael Stonebraker, VoltDB is privately held with offices in Billerica, Mass. and Santa Clara, Calif. Follow @VoltDB and join them on facebook. www.voltdb.com 1-[masked]
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with pizza and beverages provided by VoltDB and McGlynn, Clinton & Hall Insurance Agencies (5th floor)
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements (6th floor)
7:10 to 8:30 - Presentations, Q&A (6th floor)
8:30 - More networking over drinks at the Lingo Bar & Grill on the first level of the building (go left after exiting the elevators to the lobby area).
Directions & Parking:
Public Transportation: HULT is a 5 minute walk from the Lechmere MBTA station on the Green Line. Head north on East St and take the first right onto Glassworks Ave. Walk 4 blocks and turn left on Museum Way. HULT will be one block up on your right. Use this Google Map.
Driving directions: Use this Google Map. There are about 30 parking meters within one block, on North Point Blvd and Education St. If they are full, park at the Museum of Science Garage: $8 after 5pm, open until 11pm. There is also parking at Lechmere Station and CambridgeSide Galeria. Valet parking is available right next to HULT at the Regatta Riverview Condominium.
Meeting space has been graciously provided by:
HULT International Business School - Established in 1964, HULT International Business School is the fastest growing international business school world wide. Ranked as #1 for International Experience as well as #17 best business schools in the U.S. by the Financial Times, Hult holds five campuses at major business locations: Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Sao Paulo, New York, and Shanghai. Follow @HULT_Biz and join them on facebook. www.HULT.edu