Free event! Boston New Technology's April product showcase - 28th edition!
Come learn about 8 innovative and exciting technology products and network with the Boston/Cambridge startup community! Each presenter gets 5 minutes for product demonstration and 5 minutes for Q&A. Please follow @BostonNewTech and use the #bnt28 hashtag in social media posts: details here.
1. Aereo / @AereoTV - Allows consumers to watch and record Live, HD broadcast television online. No cable required. (Chet Kanojia / @CKanojia) www.Aereo.com
2. Amico Bracelets / @AmicoBracelets - Connects you to relevant people in real life. (Fabrizio Filippini / @FaFilippini) Tech: iOS, Bluetooth Low Energy www.AmicoBracelets.com
3. Akiban Technologies / @Akiban - Cloud database service enables developers to build powerful data-driven applications without the complexity or compromise of modern database architectures. (Ori Herrnstadt / @OriHerrnstadt) www.Akiban.com
4. Amazd / @ImAmazd - Social highlighting to share text you find intriguing, both on the web and in eBooks. (Ahmad Sadraei) Tech: LAMP stack www.Amazd.com
5. Sookbox / @TheSookbox - Gives you power over your media: Play your videos, music and favorite apps on any television or stereo, all controlled from your handheld device. (Cyrus Vafadari / @CVafadari) www.Sookbox.com
6. Green Door Labs / @GreenDoorLabs - Unique, custom games for for education and culture with playful designs accessible to museums, libraries, nonprofits and after-school programs. (Kellian Adams) www.GreenDoorLabs.com
Aereo -Watch Real, Live TV on the Internet...Finally! No cable required! Access broadcast TV live, or use our Remote DVR to watch on your own time. Available on your computer, phone, tablet, web-connected TV, AppleTV & Roku! Watch our 1-minute video to learn how Aereo works. Available only in NYC now, but coming to Boston and other cities soon. Preregister here to be notified when you can try Aereo for free. Follow @AereoTV and join them on facebook. www.Aereo.com
VoltDB provides a fully durable, in-memory relational database that combines high-velocity data ingestion and real-time data analytics and decisioning to enable organizations to unleash a new generation of big data applications that deliver unprecedented business value. Organizations in markets ranging from financial services and Web media, to public utilities and national defense, use VoltDB to narrow the “ingestion-to-decision” gap from minutes, or even hours, to milliseconds. Founded by database legend Dr. Michael Stonebraker, VoltDB is privately held with offices in Billerica, Mass. and Santa Clara, Calif. Follow @VoltDB and join them on facebook. www.voltdb.com[masked]
McGlynn, Clinton & Hall Insurance Agencies, Inc. -For over 50 years, the McGlynn, Clinton & Hall insurance agencies have worked hard to provide our customers with the insurance coverage and financial services they need. Whether you have a multi-million dollar business with hundreds of employees or just need home and automobile insurance, our knowledgeable staff will make sure you have the right amount of coverage at the best price. Follow @LLMcGlynn. www.mchinsure.com[masked]
6:00 to 7:00 - Networking with pizza and beverages
7:00 to 7:10 - Announcements
7:10 to 8:30 - Presentations, Q&A
8:30 - More networking over drinks with on-site cash bar
Meeting space has been graciously provided by:
StartupLab Allston is a membership based founders’ community which focuses on working with entrepreneurs at any stage, in any market segment positioned for growth. Essentially, we provide everything from help with visioning and planning, to sourcing funding and connecting with customers. We do all of this while providing an affordable dedicated or non dedicated work space with all the staples entrepreneurs need to make it happen! Prices start at $99 per month…the cost of the average cable bill! How Can We Help You START HERE™? Follow @StartupAllston and join them on facebook. www.StartupLabAllston.com[masked]
Directions & Parking:
Public Transportation: StartupLab Allston is a <10 minute walk from the Packards Corner MBTA Station on the Green Line. Walk or take the 57 bus West on Brighton Ave for .3 miles to Linden St. Walk North (right) on Linden St for 3 blocks, crossing Pratt St on your right. StartupLab is in a large red brick building just after a white house on the right. Use this Google Map or the MBTA Trip Planner for more options. Walk through the parking lot to the ballroom on the lower level - separate entrance at rear of the building. Look for BNT signs.
Driving directions: Use this Google Map. Coming up Linden St, pass Pratt St on your right. StartupLab is in a large red brick building just after a white house on the right. Pull into the parking lot on your right (you may not see signs) and park in any non-handicap space you find. Come to the ballroom on the lower level - separate entrance at rear of the building. Look for BNT signs.