Victor R.
user 11315202
Lafayette, CO
Post #: 17
Apologies for the off-topic post, but I'm curious if anyone either

1) Knows how to install a full version of windows 7 from an upgrade disc (not a full-version disc).

or

2) Happens to have an extra windows 7 license.

I am getting a new computer, and I have a windows 7 upgrade disc but not a full version. From what I understand, it is possible to do a full install on a new computer (without any windows OS on it already). I've read about it, and a friend of mine performed such a feat on my computer a few years ago, but I've never done it myself and don't want to mess something up by accident (not sure where my friend is anymore).

Just trying to save a hundred bucks, so you know, I can spend it on board games instead!
Delmar T.
user 14130794
Longmont, CO
Post #: 10
What of someone happened to have Vista. If They gave you Vista (which, I *might* have) you could just use the upgrade disk as intended.
Delmar T.
user 14130794
Longmont, CO
Post #: 11
What of someone happened to have Vista. If They gave you Vista (which, I *might* have) you could just use the upgrade disk as intended.
Victor R.
user 11315202
Lafayette, CO
Post #: 18
Technically I think that would work, although I've read that the OS is much more stable if you do a clean install.
Delmar T.
user 14130794
Longmont, CO
Post #: 12
Yes, however without a windows 7 key, I don't know of a legal way to do it
Delmar T.
user 14130794
Longmont, CO
Post #: 13
Yes, however without a windows 7 key, I don't know of a legal way to do it
Victor R.
user 11315202
Lafayette, CO
Post #: 19
From what I understand, there is a method that Microsoft supports, specifically for people in my situation. I have a license to an older version of windows - I just don't have it installed on this computer.