Dec 19, 2012 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
I hope you all have enjoyed our meetup as much as I have. Let's close out the year by taking stock of where we have been as a group and plan where we are going in 2013. With your help we can make our meetup even better in 2013!
There will also be ample time for socializing so please come and meet people interested in Big Data.
Hope you can make it!
· 6:00 – 7:00 – Socialize over food and drink
· 7:00 – 7:15 Announcements, Upcoming Events
· 7:15 - 8:00 - 2012 year in review
· 8:00 - 8:45 - 2013 planning
· 8:45 - ?:?? Continued Socializing
2012 Year In Review
2012 was a great year for our meetup. We grew by almost 600 new members and had a lot of great presenters from our meetup members as well as from outside the group. During this session we want to take a look back at the good/bad/ugly of the meetup in 2012. Take stock of where we have been so we can improve going forward.
Let's take our learnings from 2012 and make 2013 even better for the meetup. While all ideas are welcome and appreciated I would like to encourage you to take an active role in the meetup in 2013. You can provide a location or sponsor food or drink. If you really want to take an active role on the direction of the meetup please volunteer as an organizer. It's a great experience and we'd love to have the help!
Some items to cover in 2013 planning:
- Should we do more than presentations ( Unconference, lightning talks, ignight-style )
- Do we like the current format? Do we want to try changing it?
- Do we like the mix of presenters? How can we get more members to present?
- What topics would people like to hear more about in 2013?
- What locations work best for the meetup? How can we find other locations to host the meetup?