Boulder-Denver-Ft Collins Railsbridge Message Board › Continuing RailsBridge - GitHub resource for you
Forwarding this fabulous work by TA Michael Lavrisha on how to keep at learning Rails:
RailsBridge was awesome. Unfortunately it only lasts a day. Here’s a way that we can keep the RailsBridge environment alive.
Getting Started: https://github.com/vrish88/railsbridge/blob/master/README.rdoc
• Get through the build out of the RailsBridge course: curriculum.railsbridge.org/curriculum/
• Take the app a step further. Take a look at the proposed features: github.com/vrish88/railsbridge/issues?labels=enhancement/
None of those look interesting? Even better! Figure out your own addition to the project.
• Fork the project (help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo)
• When you realize you need help, open a Pull Request (help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests). You may need help with the appropriate way to add a route, or what columns you’ll need on your table. Or, perhaps, you may not even know where to start. All the more reason to open a pull request and get feedback right away.
• Get feedback and iterate.
• rails_skills++ :)