A bit about our Boulder Lean Coffee: everyone owns the gathering (though usually one of us makes sure we have supplies.) We seek any topics that are of interest to whoever is gathered. We prioritize our list of topics by multi-vote. We manage our discussions via a Kanban "board", timeboxes and Roman vote. Hope to see you on Thursday mornings!
Here's a simple agenda if you're new to the concept:
- generate ideas for conversation and dot vote on them to prioritize (5min)
- pull the top conversation from the backlog into doing, talk for 8min
- at end of 8min time box, roman vote on whether you want to keep talking about that topic (thumb up for yes, down for no)
- if more yes than no, add a few minutes to the clock to finish the conversation, otherwise pull the next conversation
- at the end of our 1 hour time box, vote on a scale of 1-5 of return on time invested (1=waste of my time, 5=best thing I could have been doing this morning)
- if you have a takeaway you'd like to share with the group, we allow space for this as well
- close the Lean Coffee
And that's it!