align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Boulder Mountain Bikers Message Board › New Member Intro's

New Member Intro's

A former member
Post #: 30
Its time to stir up a little conversation around here. Geez, no posts in almost a month - LOL.

We've had a lot of new members signing up recently - so lets get to know everyone. Maybe include when and where you like to ride, what kind of terrain, what level or any other info you feel like adding.

I'll even go first.

A former member
Post #: 31
Hey Everyone,

My name is Scott...EagleFeather....Eagle.....EF....­hell, you can call me whatever you want lol - mohawk guy, tattoo guy...it all works.

I'm one of the Asst Organizers here, helping Dave keep the joint in order.

I generally ride at least twice a week - Wed afternoons and then Sat/Sun mornings.

I like riding XC and Downhill. For XC, I like to get at least 10miles in on a ride - I'm not a strong climber, but I get there eventually. I don't mind a good technical challenge - if its too hard...I'll get off and walk it - no shame there. I consider myself an intermediate rider. I'm not out there to set a record time - Just get a workout, enjoy the scenery, the company and have a good time.

I'll ride with any level rider - if they are slower than me - I'll wait, if they are faster....well...I'll meet ya back at the car lol.

Right now, my favorite ride is probably Heil Valley Ranch - Wild Turkey Loop - clockwise.....ssooooo much fun!

I don't always create a meetup for when I'm riding because I'm not that good at planning in advance - so if you want to ride sometime - start a thread here on the message board or email me.

Hope to meet you all out on the trail sometime.

Cheers,
EF
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Scott!

My name is Stacy and my husband, Brad, and I just moved up to CO at the beginning of August from Flagstaff, AZ. We did our first ride with the group tonight at Marshall Mesa. I like beginning rides for now since I'm decent at technical, but terrible at pacing myself up climbs. Brad is an intermediate rider and while he hasn't ridden much in CO, he really likes Hall Ranch so far. Brad teaches Monday and Wednesday nights, but we're up for rides at other times. We also would really like to do a dog friendly ride at some point with our Border Collie mix.

Brad F.
user 10492435
Boulder, CO
Hi!

I'm Brad and I'm the husband mentioned in the previous post. I've been mtn biking for 2 years now -- I started when we moved to Flagstaff, Arizona. I like XC loop trails that go up for half and then back down for half. I climb hills like a geriatric turtle, but I think I'm decently intermediate on the downhill stuff. I'm not afraid to try technical challenges and have the scars and broken equipment box to prove it. I don't consider myself competitive, I do it for the adventure and the laughs.
A former member
Hey guys - I'm Dave, but not the one that started up this group. I was born in Boston, MA, but I grew up in MD. Moved out here 10 years ago and somehow never got into biking until a few years ago.

This is my third year riding. I enjoy XC but prefer downhill. I generally just try to ride when I have the time which makes for a lot of short rides, but when I have the time I prefer a longer ride. I'd say I'm an intermediate rider: I've done slick rock over in Moab a couple times, I like the Magnolia loops, Petasso Loop and link trail, but lately I've been doing a lot of the Marshall Mesa loop. I'm a huge fan of the short down hill part (if you're heading west towards the lot), those bumps are a lot of fun, I'd do that all day everyday if I could.

I joined the group to try and ride some new trails and meet some new people. I've got an erratic schedule at this point, but should have weekends off pretty soon. I look forward to catching up with some of you guys soon.

-Dave Sullivan
Dave
user 10013534
Boulder, CO
Post #: 10
Hi all, I'm Dave (the one the started the group). I used to ride about 4 - 6 times per summer, but started the group because I had foot surgery this spring that prevented me from running but not from riding. So I was looking for a group to ride with and when I didn't find one figured I'd just start my own and see who showed up. So far it's been awesome. Everyone who has come on the rides has been really cool and we've been able to blend a pretty decent range of skill sets. I like all ranges of rides, short or long. Even a 20 minute ride makes me glad I got out on the bike. I'm not much of a climber, but by the end of the summer I was able to make it up the Dowdy Draw without stopping, which I was kinda proud of. I do like to go downhill kinda fast, but by Colorado rider standards my speeds are probably average to slow. I've never really ridden into the fall and winter, but I'm game for anything so we'll see how it goes!

Thanks to everyone who has joined us for rides so far. It's been a blast!

Cheers,
Dave
A former member
Post #: 8
Hola everyone! I'm John and I live in Lakewood. I would like to ride some of the trails you guys are always talking about but it pretty much has to be on the weekendsad. I've been riding for 4 years but kinda infrequently so I am Beg-Int. However I too climb like a geriatric and go down rock chutes like a chicken!(I'm just sick of being hurt from riding motocross) I live on the south side of Green Mountain and ride there a lot because it is so close. I joined the group to go on the table mountain ride a week or so ago and have been keeping tabs on you guys from afar. I guess I ride XC but I'm not in any hurry to get anywhere. I really enjoyed Lair of the Bear in Morrison and like short rides as well. My favorite thing on the bike is feel the suspension work. It doesn't mater if it is one little rock or a big one I like it when you can just let the bike soak it up! I just bought a new seat and grips as well as rebuilt my forks and am totally excited about going for a ride! The Table Mountain ride was cool and everyone was nice and friendly. Thanks for the beer afterwords Dan it was great. Thank you Dave, for setting the event up, I think it went well.

Ride on
John
Christopher H.
Coloradomtnbiker
Broomfield, CO
Hi Y'all I am Christopher and i live in Broomfield I also ride alot of the stuff you guys do and would love to hook up some time. I moved here almost 4 years ago from Houston and had my bike sitting the 12 years that i lived there do to its always hot.Before that i grew up in NYC ( Queens ) and rode everywhere, Now that Spring is here i can't wait to get out and got some dirt under my tires this year. Also going up to Winter Park this year it's going to be a blast.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi! I'm Lauren! Sadly, I haven't attended any events yet :( but I really want to. I've been dying to get into mountain biking, so this is it. I'm a brand new, baby, beginner looking for LOTS of tips and advice from anyone with the patience. Really looking forward to riding and meeting with you!
A former member
Post #: 61
Christopher and Lauren - WELCOME to you both!

Christopher - I'm just up the road from you in Lafayette. I try to ride, at least, every Wed afternoon and Saturday/Sunday mornings, Sat. mornings I'll be doing the downhill thing once the bike parks open up. Hit me up if you want to ride sometime.

Lauren - Marshall Mesa is one of the best place to start out. Its non-technical and a great place to get used to your bike and get some miles under your belt. Once your ready to try something a little more challenging, I would head to Heil Valley - my favorite area. There are lots of great people in this group that are more than willing to work with beginner mtn bikers.