Hi Boulder .NET,
I am hiring for a .NET Sales Engineer to join our RTP in Denver for a full-time position
Founded in 1998, Resort Technology Partners (RTP), a part of the Active Network, is a company that specializes in delivering industry leading software, web development and solutions for third-party ticket and product distribution for the
resort, recreation, and hospitality industries. Our solutions leverage leading technologies that enable customers to integrate every aspect of their operation – from back-office administration and reporting, to point-of-sale and customer relationship management,
to integrated eCommerce and web site design – so customers can drive competitive advantage, manage their business more effectively, and improve the guest's experience.
RTP’s Solution Engineer position will manage a portfolio of products, from strategic planning to tactical operations (including system engineering and sales support) for the industry’s leading On Location, On Line, and On Demand resort
software systems. Target markets are Active Entertainment including Mountain Recreation and Parks & Attractions, both domestically and internationally.
This position will be based out of our Denver, CO office.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Product Management, Sales, and Marketing teams in all functional and technical aspects of the RTP software product suite. This includes: conducting customer interviews; performing demonstrations;
setting up and maintaining sales demonstration databases; and aiding in addressing customer/future customer pre-sale technical questions and concerns, such as RFP’s. Other duties include conducting market research, assessing the competitive landscape, and
providing input on product strategy.
This role will utilize an in-depth yet balanced understanding of product features and customers’ operational needs, with an interest in customer trends and future requirements of the different markets that RTP serves.
This position will report to the Director of Product Management, and will work most closely with the following teams: Sales, Marketing Communications, Software Development, and Delivery. Scheduling and task assignments will be jointly
managed with the Sales team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Through the Sales Discovery process, ensure sales opportunities and customer requirements align with technical and functional capabilities.
- Support the Sales team with discovery calls, opportunity qualification, software demonstrations, and presentations of core products.
- Audit all customer communications to verify accuracy and consistency of product definition and positioning.
- Lead and/or complete Functional and Technical Aspects of RFP etc.
- Initiate discussions to help define/architect high-level potential solutions to customers’ business challenges (passing this information on to delivery teams when/if sale occurs).
- While some customer demonstrations and sales calls can be completed over phone/web, the candidate will be expected to travel as needed to support the Sales & Marketing team (trade shows, customer site demonstrations,
and marketing “road-shows”). 30%-60% travel is expected.
- Identify, track and analyze key customer and business metrics to measure the overall success of solution engineering activities..
- Perform market, customer, and competitive analysis to differentiate RTP’s products and services, as well as to anticipate competitive response, especially during proposal processes.
- Identify customer requirements, develop specifications for potential custom enhancements, and document these requirements into Business Requirement Documents (BRDs).
- Develop value propositions and key selling points that answer customer needs with product benefit proof.
- Help align RTP’s range of software and services into a well-positioned corporate message.
- Assist with the creation of sales tool-kits, white papers, and testimonials.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Computer Engineering or Computer Science degree a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in supporting product management, software sales, and delivery in a C#/ASP.NET technical capacity.
- 5+ years of customer relationship experience.
- Proven knowledge of as many of the following as possible: e-commerce, ticketing systems, retail point of sale, food and beverage point of sale, activity scheduling, rental systems, and the resort industry.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in sales engineer, product management, or marketing program management – including responsibility for product plans.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Passion for analyzing products and customers’ market dynamics.
- Established ability to manage multiple projects, and a passion for working on a variety of product-related challenges.
Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills, including written communication and oral presentation expertise.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and creative skills are essential.
- In-depth understanding of software development processes and B2B sales business model.
- Must have demonstrated success working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- This role must be able to work with all levels of the company and cross-organizational teams, including: Marketing, Development, Professional Services, Quality Assurance, and Support.
Ali Ladjevardi, Corporate Recruiter, Technology
10182 Telesis Court
San Diego, CA 92121
We power the world’s activities and connect
people with the things they love, want and
need to do.