align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Boulder WordPress Meetup Message Board WordPress Resources › iThemes Builder

iThemes Builder

Tom L.
DenverHousePros
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Introducing iThemes Builder, the innovative WordPress theme that operates more like web
design software. Are people using this? Maybe a good topic for a meetup?
Cynthia T.
user 30959792
Boulder, CO
Post #: 7
IThemes has great WP products (e.g. BackupBuddy). I'd like to know more about Builder, have not used it. Good idea, Tom.
Jayson T Cote - Gr...
jtcote
Group Organizer
Golden, CO
Post #: 25
The iThemes Builder theme can get very complicated very quickly. I have dealt with a couple of projects where the client has created functions inside of functions inside of functions, to where there are numerous layers and extensive http requests to the database in order to achieve a result that could be much more simplified. It does work well to create custom themes, but I was not impressed with the amount of resources it takes to accomplish simple tasks. I think its good for people who really want to pay attention to the complexities, yet not a great Theme for folks who want to maintain their own site with simplicity. My 2 cents.