Bourbon N Bon Temps Club - Lafayette and surrounding area Message Board › Bittermilk, Ginger Syrup and Gumbo Bitters

Bittermilk, Ginger Syrup and Gumbo Bitters

Jeff R.
user 2692461
Group Organizer
Lafayette, LA
Recently I was at Joey's on Bertrand and saw that they are now carrying Bittermilk for Old Fashions as well as a variety of other Bittermilk products.  Joey's sells them for the same price sold on line. What a gem! I have told many of you how great Bittermilk is and how it really makes for a Great old Fashion.
While there, I talked with Joey on the Bittermilk products and discussed various bourbons, etc. Joey's is now carrying a good amount of high-in bourbons and whiskeys, though his offering is limited, the selection is very interesting. Joey's also is carrying Gumbo Bitters, Cucumber Bitters and a variety of other New Orleans bitters. I have yet to try them, but will  - soon!
Last, I'm not sure if you heard of Bread & Circus, but OMG, you gotta try their Ginger Syrup that they make. Mixed with your favorite bourbon, it is simply awesome! Find them at their new store next to Eddie's Biscuits.
We are hoping to have another BnBT the end of July, if anyone has any ideas for places, let me know at: jregan@erico.com
Safe travels and enjoy the beginning of summer. Cool it down with a bourbon of choice on ice.
Jeff