Bowling Green Hiking Meetup Message Board › Good local hikes

Good local hikes

Phil
user 5231134
Group Organizer
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 9
Hey all,

I figured I would start a discussion of local trails (within 1 hour of Bowling Green) we might consider for future hikes. John says Brigadoon State Nature Preserve has a nice trail along Barren River REservoir.

Anyone else have ideas?
Ira
irasmith
Nashville, TN
Post #: 33
I live on the south side of Nashville, TN and even though I tend to drive a bit slower than many the trip between our two cities usually takes me an hour or just a bit over depending on traffic. If anyone would be interested Radnor Lake here in Nashville is one of my favorite places to hike. There is a real easy trail lakeside and for those of us who like a challenge there is the two ridge trails that combined are just shy of making a five mile trip. Further details can be found here.

Many of the trails that I hope to tackle in Kentucky this year are considerably farther out from Bowling Green, east and north, such as Cumberland Falls, Carter Caves, and I'm itching to see some of Red River Gorge once things start to green out a bit.