addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bowling Green Hiking Meetup Message Board › REI Scratch and Dent

REI Scratch and Dent

Alex V.
vibbertations
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 1
For those of you that don't know, REI's scratch and dent sale is on January 1st at 9:00 AM. One of the folks that work there told us to arrive around 8:15 to get some of the early deals. Looks like its gonna be a good sale!
A former member
Post #: 23
Great , Is that in Nashville and the address.
Alex V.
vibbertations
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 2
Yep...Brentwood

261 Franklin Drive

Great , Is that in Nashville and the address.

Kendall
user 9777620
Hardyville, KY
Post #: 4
Was just there this past weekend. Take I-65 South all the way across Nashville. Take the first Old Hickory Blvd Exit on the South side. Stay in the middle exit lane, veer to the right. Once on Old Hickory, get over to the left side and turn left at the second light (first light will put you back on Southbound I65.) Left @ Second light will put you on Franklin Dr. REI is about a block or two down on the right side.
Phil
user 5231134
Group Organizer
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 18
Did anyone make it down and get any good finds? I stopped in after 11 that morning and everything was pretty well picked over by that point (although it seemed they were still bringing stuff out from the back).
Alex V.
vibbertations
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 3
We got there 30 minutes before the store opened and there were already 200 people in line. About 100 showed up behind us. They let everyone in all at once so of course the place was worse than Walmart on Black Friday. I passed up a Hobitat 4 tent first thing because I figured there would be more items towards the back. My wife and I seperated from there and she kept missing out on things because she's not a scavenger and ruthless like me. :) I picked up a broken Petzl Myo XP for 4.87. Working on getting that bad boy fixed now. I made a couple laps around the store waiting on people to lay things down after they decided they didn't need them. I ended up somewhere around the kayaks and a guy laid down a pair of REI Ascent SL trekking poles. I immediately snatched them to find that one worked perfectly and the other needs a new expander (2.99 + 8.99 S&H through Amazon). 99 dollar poles I got for ..... 22 bucks. I've never used trekking poles much so I'm pretty excited to try them out on a hike. I've always just grabbed a stick laying around. Other than that, it was disappointing. About 10 people were walking around with 3 packs, 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags, and a handful of clothes while everyone else was wondering why they got up so early. I really can't complain too much though since we got potentially $190 worth of gear for right around 26 dollars. I will go back to another scratch and dent sale(this was my first), but I think my wife will probably sit the next one out.
Alex V.
vibbertations
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 4
Did anyone make it down and get any good finds? I stopped in after 11 that morning and everything was pretty well picked over by that point (although it seemed they were still bringing stuff out from the back).

Did you end up with any good buys?