Bowling Green Hiking Meetup Message Board › Hikes for Spring

Hikes for Spring

Phil
user 5231134
Group Organizer
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 19
Hey all,

I just added some more hikes for January and February and wanted to get your input about later in the spring. I have set up a schedule where the first Saturday of the month has an all day hike (e.g.. First Spring Trail, Good Spring Loop, LBL) with a shorter hike on Sunday afternoon a few weeks later. It would be fun to drive a little bit further to get to someplace a little different. Would anyone be up for Red River Gorge, Cumberland Falls, Bernheim Forest? It only takes a few hours to reach some really cool areas in Tennessee (Fierry Gizzard, Cloud Land Forest, Bear Waller Gap). In the past there has been low turnout for anything beyond an hour so I figured I'd start a discussion and see what everyone thinks.
Alex V.
vibbertations
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 5
We tried a RRG trip back in October but it rained like 40 days in a row....if we can get back in shape, I think I could talk the wife into a weekend trip...my brother-in-law hangs out here too...maybe get him convinced...
Sherry
user 10976919
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 1
I'd be interested in travelling farther to hike new places.
I saw RRG in late fall and am hoping to see it in early spring.

Phil
user 5231134
Group Organizer
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 20
I've never been to RRG but really want to go. I know Owen took a day trip up there but most people go for the weekend. It might be worth getting a camping trip set up for late spring.
Alex V.
vibbertations
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 6
I've never been to RRG but really want to go. I know Owen took a day trip up there but most people go for the weekend. It might be worth getting a camping trip set up for late spring.

I've been to Gray's Arch both times I was there. I'll have to dig out my map and see what we were planning on doing.

A former member
Post #: 4
there are plenty of trails, arches, climbs and campgrounds. I enjoyed a 6 mile loop that included courthouse rock and double arch. It follows the auxier ridge trail.
Rhonda U.
user 10953808
Bowling Green, KY
yes I would be open to traveling to other places..sorry I havent been able to meet everyone yet but look forward to some warmer weather.
matt w.
user 7706684
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 11
RRG is cool for hiking. If you are going to travel that far, you might want to think about the Big South Fork. The are some great hikes and wonderdful overlooks.
I would definately be up for some of the hikes you mentioned.
A former member
Post #: 222
BSF is Super Cool. IMO, Honey Creek loop is one of the best hikes in the southeast. Way less people in BSF than RRG. Great facilities as well. Multisport-paradise. Canoe,hike,mountain bike, rock climbing

A former member
have you guys been to fall creek falls yet? I thought i saw that you had way back last year. I have enjoyed pine mtn state park and cumberland gap as well :)