Bowling Green Hiking Meetup Message Board › Barren River Hike

Barren River Hike

Phil
user 5231134
Group Organizer
Bowling Green, KY
Hey all,

Even with the rain moving through the area, I'm planning on heading out to Barren River SP this afternoon. If you want to come, make sure you are prepared for hiking in 50 degree rain. We'll hope for better conditions but you want to make sure you are ready if heavy rain comes through while we are on the trail. Phil
A former member
Post #: 6
Hey all,

Even with the rain moving through the area, I'm planning on heading out to Barren River SP this afternoon. If you want to come, make sure you are prepared for hiking in 50 degree rain. We'll hope for better conditions but you want to make sure you are ready if heavy rain comes through while we are on the trail. Phil
Did you do it?? I'd like to know how the trails are there. Shame there isn't more than 2-3 miles.
Phil
user 5231134
Group Organizer
Bowling Green, KY
Post #: 22
Hi Derrick, Since it was raining no one showed up to hike. We have pieced together the shorter trails for a fun relaxing afternoon of hiking. It's kind of nice at this time of year that you can walk along the edge of the water for quite a distance.
Lisa
user 8951345
Franklin, KY
Post #: 5
Derrick - we are halfway complete with another 1.2 mile nature trail that connects to the 2.5 mile paved trail - The trail is marked and can be hiked on now - we are just in the process of cutting the tread into it so 1/2 of it is a more level walking surface.