At the last monthly Bozeman Climate Alliance meeting, we discussed a number of possible projects which we might undertake. The most popular were:
- A campaign to oppose increased coal export from Montana
- A Climate Change speakers' Bureau
We're going to develop both projects, and our next monthly meeting, on June 26, will be dedicate to the first of them, the coal issue.
Lucky for us, two other groups in Bozeman (an as-yet-unnamed citizen's action group, along with Reclaim Democracy!) composed of about 30 people, have already begun organizing a campaign against coal export. Since they have already established the foundation for this work, we'll join forces with them for this project.
Accordingly, the next BCA meeting will be a combined meeting with the other two groups. At the meeting, we'll discuss the work of the various working groups and discuss how to proceed, among other things.
Provisional Meeting agenda
- Introduction: why a joint meeting between Bozeman Climate Alliance and Coal Groups
- Outline of meeting schedule
- Short intro to the coal group of what BCA is.
7:10 Derf Johnson, MEIC, speaks about the pros and cons of different strategies for opposing coal, and how our local efforts here in Bozeman fit into the big picture.
7:25 short Q&A session
7:45 break into working groups
- BCA members can break into coal working groups
- Additional working group for BCA "speakers bureau"
- Open working group for anyone to discuss other issues, form other working groups etc
8:10 working group report
- 5 minutes for each working group
8:45 end of formal meeting
- Time for informal discussion
9:00 room closed