My apologies for having been so slow to follow up about the speaker's guild. I've been over-busy trying to make a living this last month. Things have finally eased up, so I have time again to help push things along here.
- First, here is the spreadsheet of possible venues that we have put together so far, in the form of a google spreadsheet doc (Thanks Pete for compiling these). Please let me know if you have others to add.
- Second, we have a new member: Tess Kerins, a senior at Bozeman High. Welcome Tess!
- Tomorrow night, Tess is going to come over to my house at 7:00pm, so I present a talk to her in anticipation of passing along my slides. If any of you would like to come and practice your revised talks, please do. I'll be happy to listen to them.
- One note that I had following our practices of a few weeks ago: if you're willing and if you feel it's appropriate for the talk you're giving, make sure to put a slide in your talk mentioning the BCA and how to join.
- Related to the above point, we need to make a flyer for the BCA that we can pass out to the audience during our talks. Would anyone like to make one?
- We need a repository through which to share all our slides. Any suggestions for a convenient way to do it? Dropbox? Google docs?
- Finally, the REALLY important thing: I suggest that we give ourselves, collectively, a deadline, by which each of us will have scheduled at least one talk. I suggest two weeks from now, Sunday, Oct 7th. What do you think? If I hear no objections, I'll assume that this is what we're doing, and I'll send pestering emails for the next two weeks! If I hear objections, then I'll broadcast them and we can have a discussion.
I've also posted this email to the BCA message board, so we can have discussion there.
Did I miss anything?