The New York Brazilian Portuguese Meetup Group Message Board › Job Announcement: Helping Exchanges for Teachers and Principals from Brazil
New York, NY
Job Announcement: American Councils for International Education, a non-profit in Washington, DC, is administering Educational Seminars: Exchanges for Teachers and Principals from Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, Thailand and the United States. We are looking for speakers of Portuguese to assist with the program in a host school in New York, NY for 3 full weeks (7 days/wk).
About the program: The Educational Seminars are 3 week professional development opportunities for international and U.S. educators to collaborate on issues of mutual interest to their communities, schools, and students with the goal of strengthening local school systems.
One language facilitator accompanies each group of 3 Brazilian principals and their U.S. host principal during their time in the host community. Facilitators are required to be on site throughout the entire visit, assisting the educators by interpreting during the professional development program and facilitating mutual understanding.
Timeframe: October 13-November 1, 2012
• Honorarium of $500.00 for each full working day (18 days) and $250 a day for travel days (2 days)
• Per diem will be provided for meals though most will be covered as part of the program
• Applicants who live in, or can travel daily to NY are preferred. Travel compensation will be provided at the government mileage rate. If necessary, roundtrip plane/train and lodging for facilitators who are not near the host city will be arranged for and covered by the implementing organization (American Councils for International Education).
• Native Fluency in both English and Portuguese (Brazilian preferred),
• A sense of professionalism
• Availability for the full program
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Formal interpretation experience and experience in the field of Education a plus.
• Preference will be given to applicants who live in/can travel daily to NYC.
Please download U.S. Host School Portuguese Language Facilitator Application at http://www.americanco.... Email completed application and resume to edseminars @ americancouncils.org with subject title "Portuguese Language Facilitator."