The New York Brazilian Portuguese Meetup Group Message Board › Publication of The Myth of Race

Publication of The Myth of Race

Jeff
fishjm
West Orange, NJ
Post #: 6
Hi everybody,

Many of you are aware that I’ve been writing about race in my Psychology Today blog, Looking in the Cultural Mirror[/url]. I’m delighted to let you know that I’ve just published a new e-book and paperback, The Myth of Race, which debunks common misconceptions, available from—among other places--Amazon[/url], Barnes & Noble[/url], and other leading online booksellers. FYI, there is a lot in the book comparing the concept of race in Brazil and the U.S.

Advance praise comes from former U.S. Secretary of Defense William Cohen, and from anthropologist Audrey Smedley, author of Race in North America. Secretary Cohen said, “The Myth of Race is must reading.”

I hope you’ll check it out. As they say, “If you like it, recommend it to your friends; if you don’t like it, recommend it to your enemies.”

All the best for the holiday season,

Jeff