addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The New York Brazilian Portuguese Meetup Group Message Board › Brazilian pre-Carnival Night at Drom on February 6

Brazilian pre-Carnival Night at Drom on February 6

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member of the NYBPmeetup group. I'm looking forward to participating in many of the group's events. I'd also like to let you all know about the Brazilian pre-Carnival Night that I'm going to do with my group "Recipe for Rhythm" at DROM in the East Village on February 6. Last time we had a Gafieira Night there it was a blast! This time Danielle Lima will again give a dance lesson ("samba-no-pé" and "passo marcado") before our group plays. Meet up members that want to attend can get a discount ($15 instead of $20), all you have to do is write to me and I'll put you on the discount list. I'll let you know more about the event when we get closer. Mark the date in your calendar!

Luiz Simas

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi everyone,

Just a short explanation: The reason that the title of this event was changed from "gafieira night" to "Brazilian pre-Carnival Night at Drom on February 6" is that the dance lesson will be given by Danielle Lima, and will be focused on "samba-no-pé" (basic samba steps) and "passo marcado" (simple coreographies). This will be a better way to get your dance chops ready for Carnival, so we'll leave the gafieira dancing for another occasion. All the rest will be the same: the band, time, etc.. I'm sure we're all going to have even more fun than last time! Don't forget to get in touch with me to be included in the discount list http://img2.meetupsta...­
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi everyone,

I just want to say that the response to this upcoming Saturday's event has been great. We're going to have a great crowd! I'm sure you're going to have a great time, whether you're a good sambista or not! Danielle is a fantastic teacher, and she'll guide everyone through the samba steps. We're going to do some forró and Bahian rhythms too.
So if you haven't yet, don't forget to get in touch with me so that I can add your name to the discount list. E vamos falar muito português também! E cantar em português!smile

By the way, make sure to get there early, the dance lesson will start right on time.

See you there!