November 15, 2012 · 6:30 PM
Key Features of the Course
Medical Research says it's a Good Idea
- Learn Sudarshan Kriya: immensely powerful, it incorporates specific natural rhythms of breath to release stress and purify the entire system by releasing toxins at the deepest cellular level.
- Stretching and low-impact yoga for health, circulation, and physical well-being.
- Guided meditation and breathing techniques that increase energy and deeply relax the body and mind.
- Skills for handling negative emotions and situations.
- Practical wisdom for improving focus at work and harmony in relationships.
- Guided interactive processes ... lots of fun.
Ongoing research has shown that the rhythmic breathing technique Sudarshan KriyaÖ, and its accompanying practices (SK&P) can lead to improved physical, mental and emotional health. More details at Harvard Medical School's Health Publication.
Watch what MSNBC has to say (2:52 sec)
Vice President Biden Speaks of the Art of Living (1:48 sec)
Watch on you tube
Science of Breath (S.K.Y) (5:14 sec)
Using time proven, ancient breathing and meditation techniques adapted for modern times - with the Art of Living Course - you can reduce stress levels and increase your health, physical energy, enthusiasm, self-esteem, awareness, and clarity of mind.
By the end of the course, you'll be equipped with specific techniques that you can practice every day. The value of these practices grows overtime and the benefits continue to blossom in your daily life. The technique was very easy to learn and at no time did any of us ever feel like we couldnÆt keep up or got lost. ItÆs just too easy.
About the Art of Living Foundation
The Art of Living Foundation is a nonprofit, educational and humanitarian organization, in service for 28 years in more than 150 countries and is one of the world's largest UN-accredited Non-Governmental Organization. Please visit us on the web at http://www.us.artofliving.org
for more information.
For the course
- Attendance in all sessions is essential to get full benefit from this course.
- Please arrive 15 minutes in advance to complete the registration process.
- Wear comfortable clothing suitable for doing yoga.
- We have backrest, yogamat & cushions.
- Please bring a refillable bottle of water.
- Have a light dinner before coming.
- It is best to leave flexibility in your schedule for the weekend afternoons/evenings during the course.
We look forward to having you on the course!