This group is a place to get a good workout, be social and have fun in the process. Have a passion for volleyball? Enjoy high quality play? Want to play in a fun and relaxed environment? If you answered Yes, then we would like to welcome you to our group.
Play Beach Volleyball the way it is supposed to be played and have fun. People of all levels can learn to play according to FIVB/AVP rules and advance their skills or break any bad habits.
Now this is simply for love of the game, positive activities and good times. We EXPECT good sportsmanship and good manners, with a lot of fun-spirited "trash talking" : P
We will schedule meetups for different levels of play so everyone can benefit.
1. Good sportsmanship and friendly attitudes are a must from each member. You must have a desire to improve in volleyball and an even stronger desire to have fun while doing it! VIOLATION OF GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP IS GROUNDS FOR EXPULSION AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ORGANIZERS. I AM FAIR AND PATIENT, BUT I WILL NOT TOLERATE BAD SPORTSMANSHIP.
2. ALWAYS RSVP for any meetup you plan on going to, and stay true to your RSVP. You also must SHOW UP ON TIME. Don't expect special treatment if the RSVP is full and you show up anyway when there are no courts open.
3. Don't RSVP and not show up.
4. We clean up the members every now and then. You may be removed if you're inactive for >6 months.
5. CBVA/AVP rules apply to all games. Again, we are all here to play competitively no matter your current skill level and so naturally we need to follow the rules.
6. Membership dues MUST be paid within 60 days of membership. Its $5/year, less than 2 gallons of gas. The site is not free, so please just do your part to contribute.
1) Strive to use all 3 hits.
2) Loose hand setting standards when attempting to set your partner ON THE 2nd HIT. No side-setting or carried balls. If hand set is used to send ball over the net, it must be nearly perfect with no spin and shoulders (front or back) facing direction of released ball.
3) Do not open hand receive (on any first hit).
3) Teams switch court after every 7 points
4) Scoring: Rally Point System to 21; win by 2. Faster games may be played to 15 when someone is sitting out.
5) Have Fun : )