UPDATE: This class will be available in a digital "over the shoulder" video tutorial a day or two after the class date. So you get two for the price of one. Enjoy.
We have been getting requests about teaching Wordpress from top to bottom and now its finally here. Wordpress is the closest thing to a standard website CMS (content management system) in 2013. If you don't know how to use Wordpress then chances are you will be paying someone to do all the simple things you could be doing by yourself. We want to help you get your site off the ground and we will teach you everything we know.
The basic wordpress course will cover:
● How to get a domain: 3 tricks to find great available domain names for your website and 1 cool trick to always pay less for them than anyone else.
● How to get web hosting: find affordable web hosting providers and learn your way around their admin panels.
● How to install WordPress: how to install WordPress via FTP or with 1-Click Installs from your webhost.
● How to make your first post: Give it a title, HTML vs Visual view.
● Categories vs Tags: what are they and how to use them to best organize your content.
● Learn to use Pages vs Posts: Learn to use wordpress pages and posts the right way.
● How to upload a picture: Learn to resize and upload pictures to your blog.
● How to insert a video: Uploading and embedding videos using YouTube and Vimeo.
● How to change the look with themes: where to find great free themes for free and install them.
● Best places to hire an affordable designer: a couple of places to hire the best designers for peanuts.
● How to enhance your site using free plugins: learn to install an manage plugins to make your site faster and more reliable.
● How to track traffic to your site: Use JetPack, Statcounter, and Google Analytics to track everything about your visitors.
● How rank high on search results: Learn basic search engine optimization and social media techniques to increase those juicy visits really fast.
About the instructors:
Jimi Olaghere is the Founder of Mellolab a small digital agency based here in Newark. He also leads all Business Development for the GeekCook USA brand - a consumer products company that has revived praises from Gizmodo, BoingBoing, MSNBC, Discovery Channel, and more. Under his leadership GeekCook USA has done huge partnerships with Fab.com, JackThreads, Tom Shoes, and other big online retail brands. He also previously founded BagAWriter.com, which was acquired by scripted.com.
Anthony Frasier is a native of Newark, NJ. Former co-founder of mobile startup Playd, and award winning gaming site TheKoalition.com. Anthony was also profiled on the hit documentary Black in America: The New Promised Land – Silicon Valley, which has received over 1 million viewers. CNN Money profiled him as being one of 8 minorities diversifying the tech scene. Anthony was listed on NBC The Grio’s 100: Making History Today list for his acclaimed work. Currently working on building up the Newark, NJ tech scene and a new tech startup.