align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Brighton & Sussex Social Movie Club Message Board Brighton & Hove Movie Club Discussion Forum › The Mark Kermode Tour, Duke of Yorks Mon 7 October

The Mark Kermode Tour, Duke of Yorks Mon 7 October

Chris D.
user 46674072
Brighton, GB
Post #: 4
Thought this might be of interest to Kermode fans. Priority booking for members is open until this Saturday (7 Sept) either by phone or at the box office, (£12 for members) then it will be up on the site for general bookings. I'm going anyway, so if anyone wants to join me, I'll be in the bar beforehand smile
Full details here - Mark Kermode presents. . .
Stella K.
Stellaknight
Brighton, GB
Post #: 3
Hi Chris, I had looked at this and thought I might go. So count me in and I'll see you in the bar , Stella
Chris D.
user 46674072
Brighton, GB
Post #: 5
Excellent! Look forward to seeing you there! Chris.
colin p.
user 72137032
Brighton, GB
Post #: 10
Sorry Chris but I think I'll give this a miss, £12 is a bit steep for a pauper like me to essentially hear someone plug their own book! Still, I like his self-deprecating joke about 3D at the end of the promo. Enjoy!
Colin
Chris D.
user 46674072
Brighton, GB
Post #: 6
This was definitely worth the £12 - essentially a book plug, but highly entertaining, articulate and anecdotal - mainly focusing on the complexities of being a film critic for over 25 years. A big chunk was given to questions and the inimitable Dukes audience came up trumps prompting this post on Kermode's twitter feed - "Thanks to all who came to Duke of Yorks for last night's Hatchet Job bash in Brighton. The bar for unusual questions has been raised ..." smile