This is a group for anyone out there who is interested in building their talents to help themselves, their family, or community in a emergency situation. We seek out and share ideas and discover new ways to help our homes to be self sufficient.
• Learn how to: Build your own Aquaponics System in your own house - Have fresh meat, vegetables and herbs without leaving your home.
• How to hunt/fish when the food storage runs out - Different types of weapons - How to use them - Shooting range practice -Hunting / Fishing trips.
• How and where to preserve food - turn your food storage into practical storage - How to preserve meat without a fridge.
• How to heat your house in a crisis - Which woods to burn inside - Building your own solar panels - Alternative Wood Furnaces.
• How to keep your house functional even when the power goes out for weeks or longer - How to transform your laundry and bathrooms.
• Creative ways to place your water storage - How to create a simple Water Biofilter.
• Different types of emergency radios - Radio protocol - When and how to use them.
• What types of plants are edible - what they look like - where to find them.
• What herbs can save your life - how to prepare them.
• How to save the food you have - Canning - Gourmet Food Prep without a stove.
• How to transform a ball of yarn into a hat or scarf within a couple of hours (with no knitting experience).
• How to care for your family illnesses when you cant go to a doctor - practical and herbal remedies...
And lots of awesome additional information for the inevitable zombie apocalypse! :) Just Kidding
We are a down to earth family of Marines that understand the importance of preparing for an Emergency before it happens. We love doing projects, learning about new things, and developing new talents.
Come learn, explore, and be prepared with us. We are a family friendly household that needs people from every walk of life. No matter your age or experience - we would love to hear your insight and opinion on how to keep our modern day families safe and healthy.