addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Brisbane Ruby and Rails Message Board › RoR and Seaside

RoR and Seaside

A former member
Post #: 3
As a Business Analyst with a 4GL (PowerBuilder) Client/Server development background, I find it amazing how long and how many developers it can take to implement a fairly simple web-application in J2EE. Even what I consider to be small changes seem to take forever - read "cost a fortune". The same application could have been developed with half the number of developers in about half the time and 1/3 of the cost as a 4GL C/S app. However, web applications are the way to go, and I find RoR to be on the right track to simplify and fast track web software development. I am also really impressed with DabbleDB, so I am wondering whether anyone here has used or tried Squeak/Seaside?