The Brisbane Ruby and Rails Message Board › Lunch and Learn Session on "Content Management and Running your Website

Lunch and Learn Session on "Content Management and Running your Website on AWS."

Craig S. D.
craigsdickson
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 5
Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself properly to the group. I am the new Solution Architect for AWS based in Brisbane, making me the first technical resource based in Queensland for AWS.

I am available to organizations based in Queensland to assist with evaluating AWS, building proof-of-concepts, identifying best practices and answering general questions among other things. While I am part of the sales team, I do not work on commission, so it is safe to call me without worrying about me trying to sell you something.

You can reach me via LinkedIn (craigsdickson) or you can email me at: craigd AT amazon.com

Also, we have our first Lunch And Learn of 2013 coming up on February 22nd, see the details below including a registration link. It is free, but places are limited so make sure you get your name in ASAP to avoid missing out.

Cheers

February Lunch and Learn Details:

Content management systems and website properties are common workloads many organisations bring onto Amazon Web Services (AWS). These systems are well supported on the AWS offerings and usually have a simple migration path for running mission critical productions systems on AWS. Some of the benefits for running content management systems on AWS include ease of setup with prebuilt templates, ability to create scalable and fault-tolerant installations and a global infrastructure to support a global customer base.

Attend this Lunch & Learn to find out about:

· Planning your migration steps, estimate levels of effort and time required

· How to scale up your web property and take advantage of the benefits AWS offers

· Prebuilt templates and orchestration services for common CMS systems: Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla! and SharePoint

· And more…..

Agenda:

11:45 - 12:00 Registration and Lunch
12:00 - 12:10 Welcome & Intro
12:10 - 12:55 Presentation
12:55 - 13:30 Q & A
13:30 Close

Event Details:

· Christchurch - 12 Feb | Riccarton Park, 165 Racecourse Road, Upper Riccarton
· Melbourne - 13 Feb | Cliftons, Level 1, 440 Collins Street
· Wellington - 13 Feb | Cliftons, Level 28, 100 Willis Street
· Auckland - 14 Feb | Mercure Auckland, Level 1, 8 Customs Street, Auckland
· Perth - 20 Feb | Cliftons, 191 St Georges Terrace
· Sydney - 21 Feb | Amazon Web Services, Level 12, 55 Hunter Street
· Brisbane - 22 Feb | Cliftons, 288 Edward Street, Brisbane

As this event is by invitation only, please register as soon as you can at: http://aws.amazon.com...­.