Brisbane Burlesque, Cabaret, Rockabilly & Vintage Lovers Message Board › Hello from new Organiser! :-)

Hello from new Organiser! :-)

Dario W.
Dario_Western
Group Organizer
Brisbane, AU
Hi all,
I have chosen to take on this group whilst the original Organiser is away.
A bit of insight into me: I grew up in a musical family and my dad was a Cabaret artist in the 70's and 80's when he performed with a band in the Manchester nightclubs as the lead singer.  I also enjoy local burlesque performers like Miss Bertie Page, Frankie Vandellous, Becstasy, Alyssa Kitt, Luna Woolfe and Lola The Vamp.
I also like retro art décor from the 50's, 60's and 70's like old appliances and household goods and also partial to a bit of rockabilly music such as The Ten Fours, The Stray Cats, The Living End, Mud (not technically Rockabilly but some of their songs were rockabilly influenced), Morrissey's stuff from the early 90's, Shakin' Stevens, and The Cramps.
My hobbies include photography, nude life drawing and modelling.  I have previously photographed Luna Woolfe and Becstasy but not as burlesque dancers.  It's one genre that I would like to experiment with with my photography very soon.
I also play guitar and do songwriting and I play in a couple of Brisbane bands like d-Wizz 2.0 and my own solo act which is more to do with 70's glam rock.
I'd be most keen to help organise any meetups for this group - maybe have a burlesque showcase night or a retro kitsch market day - whatever you guys and girls would like to do, I'm easy.
Take care and talk soon!

Dario