Join us for our last monthly BFPG of 2014 as we wrap up the awesome year that was and roll into YOW and BFPG with the Stars next month.
Applicatives 1 & 2 - Sean Chalmers
In this lecture we provide a condensed version of the two part series on applicatives. Demonstrating the motivation behind their use, how they are constructed, the laws that they must follow, how to build them, and what to do with them.
Functional Retrospective 2014 - Ben Kolera
It has been a very busy year full of new FP developments and new faces in the group, so we'd like to end our year of monthly meetups with a round table discussion about the following:
• What has everyone learned this year?
• What have we got stuck learning and need some help?
• What learning progressions were really helpful?
• What cool things have we been doing with FP?
• Have the yorgey lectures been interesting / useful?
• What does everyone want to focus on learning next?
• Where are the opportunities to learn and contribute next year?
• Any other ideas to make the BFPG bigger / better / more tailored towards your needs?
By the end of this discussion, I hope that we'll all come away with an awareness of where everyone is in their FP journey and give everyone a good vision of the best path to follow to reach their FP goals.
It will also give the exec a good idea of whether the format of the meetups this year were meeting people's learning needs and give us ideas for where we should take things next year.