align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Brisbane Atheists Message Board Off Topic Forum › Census and institutional data collection

Census and institutional data collection

M0381U5
M0381U5
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 426

There seems to be concern regarding institutes like Google, Facebook, Visa and governments collection data about people. are these concerns founded, and what are the suggested social implications of such action???

Are there genuine concerns regarding social manipulation and engineering?
or is there sufficient bureaucracy and oversight to be sure there is no misuse of information?

Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 8
As a side note to this... where I work, in a public hospital patients are asked "any religion?" when registering. When they sy "no" they are put into the "no religion " category . Recently when I had to register myself they asked me the same question and I said "what have you got? Is there secular humanist? No? Then I'll take atheist." Which was separate to the "no religion " category. Made me wonder if the "no religion " group arbitrarily refers to deists rather than atheists, considering there is also the atheist group. Probably splitting hairs, but as far as information gathering goes, there is a difference.