addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Brisbane Atheists Message Board Ipswich and Lockyer Valley Meetup Group › Calling all Ipswich atheists!

Calling all Ipswich atheists!

Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 1
Looking for expressions of interest from local Ipswich non-believers to meet up over coffee! ( And yes there are some nice, independent local cafes) Just putting it out there, conversation with like minded people. Looking at Jan 17th. Anyone interested?
Shane
user 8796258
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 96
Hi Madeleine,

I'm in Ipswich and would certainly be interested in meeting fellow local non-believers. Hopefully I'm not the only one and a few more will express interest.

Cheers,
Shane.
Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 2
Yay! I'm hoping to coax others out of the woodwork. I might put up a sign at work. I know they are out there!
AtheistJohn
user 11820747
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 35
Hello Madeleine and Shane. I am also a resident of Ipswich (eastern suburbs). I find it difficult to attend the Brisbane meetings. Having to commute to the city every working day I'm not inclined to travel back to the city on Monday nights for a meeting. Nice to know I have some fellow unbelievers as "neighbours". My working hours are not always predictable so I can't make commitments too far in advance but if you can keep me in the loop hopefully we can all meet up at some stage. Cheers John.
Steve H.
Gone_Xtianing
Group Organizer
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 546
Madelaine,

I love what you're trying to do. If it suits your purposes I'm happy to open up an 'Ípswich Atheists' message board on this site while you gather supporters to start an independent group. (though I hope you and others will continue to contribute to our forums).

Cheers,
Steve.
Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 3
Thanks Steve, am certainly still interested in contributing, as I am a Brissie girl at heart, born and bred there. Ipswich has a dubious reputation and wanted to somehow connect with local non-believers also, letting them know they are not alone. Maybe an Ipswich forum would help us connect until we have the numbers to expand. Thanks for the support!
A former member
Post #: 1
Im from upper brissy valley would love to meet up or forum.
Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 18
Ok
I would like to be able to say I have returned from a sojourn in my Tuscan villa, but sadly not.
More like being in a work camp for home renovators mingled with a hint of sick bay.
Anyway.
Am keen to start mobilising local freethinkers in a meet for coffee and hopefully tasty little cakes or similar.
I am going to do some recon so we have a plan of sorts. Or at least a time and a place.
Stay tuned...,, and ideas on where, when and disseminating info would be welcome!!
BTW for those of you who are still in the stranglehold that is facebook, a while ago I made a Ipswich Atheists group. Maybe this would be helpful for correspondence and stuff? It is predictably named... Ipswich Atheists
Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 19
OK Am attempting to kick start some meet ups again.
Please register your interest here or on the Ipswich Atheists Facebook page.
thanks!
Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 20
OK Am attempting to kick start some meet ups again.
Please register your interest here or on the Ipswich Atheists Facebook page.
thanks!