Brisbane Atheists Message Board Off Topic Forum › Atheist playgroup, any takers?

Atheist playgroup, any takers?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey folks,

I'm trying to find some like minded people with kids to form a playgroup. Have just moved to Bris and am extremely disappointed to see that most playgroups are run by churches.

Our kids are 4 and 2.

Please message me here if you are interested.

Cheers Jess
A former member
Post #: 22
Dear Jess,
Id be interested, but my daughter is 4.5 and just entered prep. If you are interested in some weekend activities with like minded athesists, wed be interested in joining you. Unfortunately it is hard to join in the monthly activities that are usually run with an under 5, but it would be good together for a more family friendly activity.
Rosemary
Madeleine B.
user 34110832
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 14
Yeah, I tried the local one at Catholic church but just couldn't stomach it. What sort of area are you looking at having them?
Mark H.
user 37075662
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 5
good luck. Ive personally found that the environment, equipment, hygiene etc are pretty good in the faith run child care places. they are pretty good for the children in general. bullying etc is not tolerated. your children wont be indoctrinated, mine weren't they are atheists (8 & 14). my oldest goes to a catholic high school and we listen to "the atheist experience" every morning when we go to school. both my children know that god is a myth like Zeus. so don't get too hung up on it, look after your children and send them to the best place regardless of faith.