addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Brisbane Atheists Message Board Off Topic Forum › labour why would you?

labour why would you?

Steve H.
Gone_Xtianing
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 558
Mark, you've said nothing to actually defend your proposition that debt, of itself, is a bad thing. I've simply argued that your assertion that a 250% increase in debt should automatically be looked upon as some sort of incompetence is logically flawed (this doesn't mean I've actually accepted the validity of the data you've quoted eg baselines, proportion of government to private debt etc).

In the last 18 months I've actually visited and spoken to people in all the countries you mention (except Ireland and Iceland) as well as people in France, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, Germany, Turkey, Luxembourg and Austria and I can assure you that those I've spoken to as well as various media commentators have all been incredibly impressed that Australia was able to dodge the GFC bullet. Believe me, this is a huge issue in the countries that have actually experienced the pain.

Now you can babble on incoherently with your psuedo eonomics but the reality is we should take some time out to thank our various institutions for doing such a great job in what could have been a social and economic disaster in Australia. (Don't expect to hear a response from you until Monday - Alan Jones doesn't broadcast on the weekend - does he?).
Mark H.
user 37075662
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 16
Mark, you've said nothing to actually defend your proposition that debt, of itself, is a bad thing OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS??, ur not getting it are you, please read all of my posts!, Steve I'm plainly discussing national debt. that is why i put it all in bold to make it easy for you( i did it 6 times!! how many do you need and a further 4 with this post that's 10 times Steve, please stay on track)."So Steve to compare a personal mortgage with national debt isn't helpful", ......and once again it isn't helpful. Surely the threads' title "labour why would you?", would point you in the right direction .I don't care about personal debt. Like i said your advice can be found in any newspaper, local or national and i agreed with ur point in my last post( see... "ur wisdom is cute".), i worked it out in my early 20's and i think most people are the same, just to be clear here I'm now referring to personal debt " take on debt to get ahead, have a long term vision , investing for the future, capital growth, blah blah blah". And yes a 250% increase does matter and if ur still confused as to why i think this please read my last post again. Please re-read my post regarding Australia's resilience, its all smoke and mirrors!! Steve here's a piece of advice, you should stop dumbing this down, or to put it another way "why not get a basic primer on economics " Re-phrasing your inability to understand this subject by calling it mumbo jumbo and babble is not helping, please explain how, when national debt increases interest rates increase accordingly which leads to a loss of a home, or how when a government is carrying a massive amount of national debt this does affect the population at large is mumbo jumbo or babble. Your lack of acceptance to the statements that i have made does not make them less valid

"I've simply argued that your assertion that a 250% increase in debt should automatically be looked upon as some sort of incompetence is logically flawed (this doesn't mean I've actually accepted the validity of the data you've quoted eg baselines, proportion of government to private debt etc).". I think it's pretty obvious that if you think its flawed logic that you wouldn't accept it, to validate that absolute statement is quite meaningless.

"250% increase in debt should automatically be looked upon as some sort of incompetence is logically flawed", not so as this can be tested and proved aka GFC (once again.... I said we are 3rd on that list, the other countries below us have suffered terribly cause they didn't have a mining boom which is the only reason ur relatives aren't living in a tent city right now), so then it is very logical to say that if a government puts a country in a large deficit(aka GFC) that government could be considered incompetent(this has actually happened over the last 3yrs which disproves ur logic on debt vs incompetence), I believe I have listed all the European countries under labour that would absolutely qualify as being incompetent . Steve only the fool hardy would test ur assumption that a 250% increase in national debt ( minus a mining boom) would be in effect harmless to a nation nay even a good thing according to ur good self

Hmmmmmm. So you saw the hardship all these people have suffered in the U.K(labour, they left 10 Pound's in the kitty along with a very cheeky note, when the Conservatives took over ), Netherlands( labour), Belgium( labour),Luxembourg( labour), and I'm treading on thin ice here i know but Austria(labour) did you notice any relationship between their situation and the government that was responsible while on tour.

How was that Contiki tour of Europe?, I've never done a tour in 25yrs of traveling ( with and without a family)what are the like?, did you get ur own room or did you have to share?wink
Steve H.
Gone_Xtianing
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 559
Alas, I'm too old for a Contiki tour though I did cross paths with one in the Italian alps and they seemed to be having a pretty good time. So go for it. Mind you I recommend you also visit amsterdam to restock on the substances you must be using while putting together your posts on this thread. tongue
Mark H.
user 37075662
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 17
Mahalo Steve all the best
Wayne
user 12651770
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 5
Mark - Your party membership is showing.