Brisbane Atheists Message Board Atheist related links › Miscellaneous Links - as at 5/5/10

Miscellaneous Links - as at 5/5/10

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 474
The Thunderf00t - Ray Comfort discussion. Frightfully civilised. Interesting stuff but the sound quality is not so good. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 9a

Rational Response Debate with Kirk Cameron: The bananaman is there to help him. For the masochistically inclined, or the terminally bored, this is just to series of clips for you! Most parts are mercifully short in duration. Part 1, Part 2b, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18 (There seems to be a missing part between 3 and 4)

Made Easy series by - potholer54 - Excellent. Occasional shots at Creationists
History of the Universe - Part 1, History of the Universe - Part 2, The Origin of Life, The Story of the Earth, The Age of Our World, Natural Selection, The Theory of Evolution, Human Evolution, Human Ancestry, The Scientific Method, Creation 'Science', Corrections, Errata 2

Added 2/4/10

TheoreticalBullshit - This young guy, Scott, is super smart and enormously perceptive. He raises many interesting theoretical problems about religion - though he can be a tad irritating at times. An example to start with.

Added 15/4/10

Frank Schaeffer - is the son of a major founder of the Moral Majority movement - the religious right - named Francis Schaeffer . Frank was very zealous when young, but woke up to himself in his mid to late 20's. In this PointOfInquiry.org audio podcast he comments on his book "Crazy for God" and speaks of many of the founding members of the New Right especially his father. To hear this podcast click here and scroll down to "Frank Schaeffer - Crazy for God".

TheraminTrees - thanks to Jim for locating this guy. He is a pommy psychologist of some kind and looks very much like David Mitchell - as in Mitchell and Webb!
God: the conscious universe - Response to an offbeat 'proof' of God
Seeing isn't believing - About 'personal experience'
Challenging the atheist? - Interesting set of point-by-point rebuttals
transition to atheism [personal] - I wonder if this applies to other born-again atheists
atheism as congruence - His psychological theory
Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 598
Added 22/4/10

Potholer54 - 'Debating' a creationist
This set of 3 rather bitchy clips is aimed explicitly at that clown VenomFangX. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. If I were a Creationist I'd be profoundly embarassed by havin VFX on my side. With friends like that who neads enemas! But alas, VFX speaks for many.

Tim Minchen
Tim appears on this podcast #184 on http://www.theskeptic...­. The interview begins at about 28:45 of 01:19:52

Added 29/4/10

The Psychology of Religion - This is a 5-part talking series with still images:
Part I and Part II - Steven Pinker
Part III - Richard Dawkins & Steven Pinker
Part IV - Richard Dawkins & DeRose
Part V - DeRose, Richard Dawkins & Steven Pinker

Added 4/5/10

The God Virus - Darryl Ray
This link will take you to damon132's - Darrel Ray's - Channel which has a multi-part series of shortish clips on The God Virus.

Added 5/5/10

The Skeptic's Dictionary
Written articles on 'Abracadabra' to 'Zombies'. Excellent range and content.
Daniel W
user 47085852
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 7
Couple more essentials to add to this list:

QualiaSoup - brother and occasional collaborator of TheraminTrees, but deserves a mention in his own right. While it's undeniable that the two have a fairly similar style, this should be taken only as an indicator for the quality of content you can expect.
On the subject of these two channels and some of the more recent material on them, look out for TT's There Are No Gods series and QS's still-in-progress Morality series.
http://www.youtube.co...­

Evid3nc3 - the bulk of, and main attraction for this channel is an in-depth personal story detailing a gradual transition from devout, if slightly unconventional Christianity to atheism and beyond, going to great pains to cultivate and maintain an entirely rational, evidence-based worldview. (My words, not his, but that's hopefully a good summary).
Channel: http://www.youtube.co...­
Why I am no longer a Christian series: http://www.youtube.co...­