addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Brisbane Atheists Message Board Off Topic Forum › Random Video post II

Random Video post II

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 876
Sir Ken Robinson is amazing!!

A former member
Post #: 345
The Music Roll

Herk, I'm not completely sure what this program does. Could you explain it some more please?
I gather that what is playing can't be played by one person on a piano....cross-handed?
Can your program be used for full symphonies or chamber music?
I'm am not very familiar with Beethoven's work unfortunately.
Mozart is my favourite, with Handel and Berlioz trailing in at a close second.
Mozart's 'Music of the night' or 'Eine kline nacht musik',(You can tell I'm no german.)is the best classical piece ever written, I believe. He was probably more of a genius then Einstein.

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 877
Peter:
The Music Roll

Herk, I'm not completely sure what this program does. Could you explain it some more please?
I gather that what is playing can't be played by one person on a piano....cross-handed?
Can your program be used for full symphonies or chamber music?

Peter. MusicRoll has been designed from the ground up to be used for music education. You can do some prety amazing editing - like changing the pitch and voices of various parts on the fly. In the Beethoven piece it simply raised the base notes 2 octaves up so they worked as treble; and did the reverse with the treble notes. But that's only a tiny example of the things you can do to songs.

As for full symphonies. That depends. One of the limitations of the program is that you can't have more than one note occupying the same pitch and position in time. That rules out a heavily orchestrated piece where you have multiple instruments playing the same notes. As for smaller things like chamber music it should work fine. I'd like to find some really nice string quartet pieces to work on and use the micro-tuning to bring out the sweet spots that you often find in such pieces.

But what MR is really good at is building lessons into the songs themselves. It has a programming language built into it that allows you to throw up images, clips, text and lyrics at various places in the song. And much more. I hope to get a couple of demos up on Youtube in the next few months, smile
A former member
Post #: 347
I can't wait.
What about that fugue in c minor, was it Bach? I think Jethro Tull did a version of it on the piano when one of his guitarist's strings broke and he had to fill in some time at a concert.
Ode to joy would be interesting. Canons would be interesting, don't know any offhand.
What about middle eastern music? With the lyrics that you think they're saying.
Singing duets, maybe Elle Fitzgerald and the Great Sachmo. Jazz?
I'm getting carried away. Thanks Herk, I look forward to the demos.
Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 878
Peter: I can't wait.
What about that fugue in c minor, was it Bach? I think Jethro Tull did a version of it on the piano when one of his guitarist's strings broke and he had to fill in some time at a concert.

Jethro Tull. You have an old head on young shoulders! Yes the piece was from the Well Tempered Clavier and titled Prelude and Fugue in C minor. And it was certainly by Bach. He wrote 24 similiar pieces in each major and minor key to show how good his equal temperament tuning was. The only Jethro Tull CD I know is his "Thick as a Brick".

Ode to joy would be interesting. Canons would be interesting, don't know any offhand.

Never really though much about Cannons in a non-religious/military context smile I'll toy with that idea.

What about middle eastern music? With the lyrics that you think they're saying.

I really like middle eastern music. Must do a bit of research on the way their scales are constructed. I have a suspicion that they may not fit the 12 semi-tones to the octave that MR deals with - though it is possible to microtune the 12 used. Mmmm. Geezes. Where would you go to find out what the lyrics meant?

Singing duets, maybe Elle Fitzgerald and the Great Sachmo Jazz?

Definitely out. MR does its magic with MIDI sounds and, alas, apart from a few Ooh and Aaa midi voices that's about all that can be done. crying No probs with Jazz instruments though.

Herk
Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 902
Just in case you haven't yet seen this amazing music clip:

A former member
Post #: 386
Great clip Herk. Sounds so much like Goyte, especially the singer in the middle.
Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 927
Now this guy can really fly a model aeroplane.

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 962
Some very clever marketing:

Jason
user 8761536
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 173
something cool in roadside weed whacking!