Brisbane Atheists Message Board Off Topic Forum › Random Video post II

Random Video post II

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1,020
Now here is an amazing link. You type in a short name, wait for about a minute, and a video apologising to the named person is generated and then played. I tried 'god' - that was funny. Worth a bit of a play methinks.
Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1,062
Here is one hell-of-a card and cigarette trick smile
Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1,068
This is a must-see video from NASA.

Explanation: Many wonders are visible when flying over the Earth at night. A compilation of such visual spectacles was captured recently from the International Space Station (ISS) and set to rousing music. Passing below are white clouds, orange city lights, lightning flashes in thunderstorms, and dark blue seas. On the horizon is the golden haze of Earth's thin atmosphere, frequently decorated by dancing auroras as the video progresses. The green parts of auroras typically remain below the space station, but the station flies right through the red and purple auroral peaks. Solar panels of the ISS are seen around the frame edges. The ominous wave of approaching brightness at the end of each sequence is just the dawn of the sunlit half of Earth, a dawn that occurs every 90 minutes.

Jason
user 8761536
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 180

A few good clips of man at his best and worst!

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1,069
My chook in this clip should be in the 'fails' for 2012.

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1,071
For any of you who missed this wonderful triumph of curiosity and science over mere wishful thinking.

Ryan M.
Ryan_McVeigh
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 425
I hope videos can be posted that are neither Random nor Off Topic. I believe this is Christopher Hitchens' last public appearance, please forgive the dodgy sound. It's at last years Texas Freethought Convention in October. Dawkins speaks until about 12:00, after that grab the tissues.

Heraklitus
user 5709480
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1,074
Thanks yet again Ryan. I really do think this clip should be on the main part of the site under Tribute to Hitchens along with all the others. H
Jason
user 8761536
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 182

This is a great video on evolution

Jason
user 8761536
Brisbane, AU
Post #: 183

Part 2 found here :)