addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bristol & West Vegetarians & Vegans Message Board › The meetup group rules

The meetup group rules

A former member
Dear members

As we continue to expand, I feel the need to issue some clarification as to what you can expect from our meet up group and the meetups that are publicised. As you are no doubt aware, anyone in the group can schedule a meetup, a feature that I hope more of you will start to use.

1) All meetups must have a minimum possible attendance of 6 people.

2) All food venues must have a minimum of 2 vegan main courses and 1 vegan starter (if starters are on the menu) that staff are clearly aware of and can confidently identify. There are a large number of vegans in our group, and as we are a vegetarian & vegan meetup group, it is important that they are suitably catered for.

3) All members must eat vegetarian or vegan food at meetups where food is provided. Whilst omnivorous people are more than welcome to join us, the purpose of our group is to provide an avenue for vegetarians and vegans to meet.

4) Meetups at coffee shops etc must offer soya (or some other dairy free alternative) milk at no extra charge.

5) Talks or discussion groups should have a theme where vegetarian and vegan issues are involved, e.g. animal rights, nutrition, environmentalism etc. The organisers' decision is final.

6) We don't mind people promoting their own events on here, even if they are commercial ventures, as long as the above criteria are met

7) Pot lucks (home cooking events) should consist, where possible, of solely vegan food.

8) Venues must not have a history of dubious animal welfare standards. This includes commercial zoos etc. Animal welfare sanctuaries are of course permitted.

I hope this is all clear. I have had to delete a meetup this morning where a member was offering a ticket for sale to a womad concert. The actual concert was a celebration of world music and diversity, which was permitted, but there was only 1 ticket for sale, so this was a breach of criteria 1.

By the way, I'm looking to expand our group out of Bristol a bit more. For future events that are out of Bristol, when RSVPing, please identify if you are able to provide transport so those of us without cars can attend.

Regards

Mark Reeve

A former member
Post #: 6
Following an email from a member, I feel the need to clarify point 1.

There is no need to have a minimum of 6 people attend. What is required that a minimum of 6 people MAY ATTEND IF THEY SO DESIRE.

If you want to organise an event where fewer than 6 people may attend, please either message me explaining details, or just post on the message boards.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 306
Thanks for clarifying Mark, and here was my original comment (I should've put it on here really) -

Not sure point 1 of the rules will be workable Mark, as some people RSVP but don't show, other people turn up unannounced, and sometimes events are cross-posted, so you might get 2 people on here but 100 from elsewhere... from my own experiences, for what it's worth ;-)
Daina
user 69065262
Leiden, NL
Post #: 1
Hi, im new here, just joined.
IM living in Holland but im agree to attend some meetups sometimes.
The initial reasone to join you was----im looking for my penfriend, i lost contact some 10 years ago, i decided to renew the contact and share life experience....she is Lorraine, was living with husband in Bristol, teacher, has veggie pets at home...i would like to have cats at home, feed them veggie food and i remember my Lorraine, i miss her sincere talks now...time is running and im sorry for the long absence...please help me to find her if you can.
Question---do you have spcific meetups with people with desease--cancer, for example?Do you have meetups with single people in my age? Do you have meetups with yoga people?
Regards
Daina
A former member
Post #: 10
Hi Daina

I don't know this Lorraine and as far as I'm aware she isn't a member of our group, but should she join hopefully she'll see this post.

This group is the vegetarian and vegan meetup group, so we go and eat vegetarian/vegan food in various cafes and restaurants etc. There are lots of other meetup groups around the country for other reasons including those that you mention, but these are not organised by this group.

In particular, I found this group for people who like doing yoga and meditation here: http://www.meetup.com...­

Regards

Mark
Daina
user 69065262
Leiden, NL
Post #: 2
THank you !
Daina
user 69065262
Leiden, NL
Post #: 3
Still i cant see any mailbox(Prive)...i see only public message board, thats it...please help me to understand your site!I was sending message to you prive and i never got answer...
Tnank you.
Richard Ⓥ M.
RichardⓋMolyneux
London, GB
Post #: 403
Shame it wasn't Lorraine Hawkins, that would have been cool :-) What was the surname of 'your' Lorraine?