addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Brompton Bicycle Club Message Board › Advice for a Brompton newbie?

Advice for a Brompton newbie?

John J.
user 93279592
Columbia, MD
Post #: 1
I'd like some advice from you more experienced Bromptonites. I just love my new Brompton, but there are some things I have gotten accustomed to over the years that I would like to have on this delightful bike.
First, since I have rather wide feet, the short left pedal got me interested in a little plastic extension called a Bromfoot. I've seen no reviews for it, anyone know anything about it? www.bromfoot.com

Also, I was going to kludge an attachment of toe clips on the pedals. Anyone know a way of getting some small strapless toe-clips on a Brompton?

Please help a newbie out?
Tim F.
user 44066162
Vienna, VA
Post #: 2
John -

I'm not familiar with the Bromfoot... I'll have to look into that, since I'm a Brompton dealer. Might be a good thing to carry.

Two other things you might consider... for the width issue, you might try the FD-5 folding pedal from MKS, a Japanese company that makes really nice pedals. It would give you more surface area, but it's not really good for toe clips though. You might also look at some of the MKS Ezy series of pedals, which actually have a quick removal system, and some of those can take toe clips.

Tim
A former member
Post #: 24
I have the MKS Lambda Grip King pedals on my Brompton which I love. They provide the extra foot surface and are quick release.
A former member
Post #: 85
Late spotting this (very) but I'd suggest joining the BromptonTalk yahoogroups list, which has now spawned a bromptonwiki with a variety of information on pimping your bike, and places to park it (NB NEVER willingly lock up a Brompton on the street - and if locking the bike fold it, a long shackle D lock should pass through both wheels and the frame, and around the bike rack, then remove the upper seat post if fitted)