DC Area MLP:FiM Fans Message Board › BroNYCon Summer Travel/Stay Plans

BroNYCon Summer Travel/Stay Plans

Closed to new replies

Engineer B.
Fyrestorm58355
Washington, DC
Post #: 35
Hotel Options - The unofficial DC Bronies Hotel is currently Courtyard Marriott Secaucus.

Planning Spreadsheet

Note that there are two sheets, one for hotels and one for transportation.

1) Everything's set at this point. If you see something wrong, let me know ASAP.
2) Roomies/Riders, get your money to your Hosters/Drivers as soon as you can.
3) Pickup/Dropoff timing is left up to you to work out.
4) All Drivers/Hosters need to get me their phone numbers (everyone should give them to both Riftwing and I really)
5) Roomies/Riders, exchange contact info with your Hosters/Drivers.
6) Avenue Q folks - Show is at 8pm, we should be there at 7pm, so we need to be leaving the hotel in time to get into Manhatten and to the theater by then. Factor that into your carpool plans!

Anyone who isn't on the spreadsheet by now is on their own. We can give you directions to resources that will help you set things up, but we can't accommodate organizing carpools and hotel rooms this late in the game. I'll do what I can for you, but I can't inconvenience the other 60 people that are relying on plans staying as they are.

And yes, you read that right - I know of 70 DC Bronies who are going to be headed to BronyCon!!

Yeah, but how do I get there?!

By car: Just take I-95 North to Exit 16E (google can give you more details). Expect to run through at least one tank of gas and about $30-40 in tolls (round trip). Parking at the hotels is free though!

By train: Take Amtrak to Penn Station (NYC). Walk 2 blocks to 9th and 40th which is the Port Authority Bus terminal. Take the 320 bus to the Expo Center. Expect $90 round trip.

By bus: Take any of the commuter busses (like BoltBus) into Manhatten (they generally drop you off somewhere near Penn station or the Port Authority). Walk to the Port Authority Bus terminal at 9th and 40th. Take the 320 bus to the Expo Center. Expect $17-20 each way.

By air: Fly into Newark Airport. Take the AirTrain to the train station and take a train to Penn Station on Manhatten. Walk to the Port Authority Bus terminal at 9th and 40th. Take the 320 bus to the Expo Center. Price varies. Yes, it's silly to cross the river twice - but it's a nightmare of transfers otherwise.
Nicole (.
user 8330852
Laurel, MD
Post #: 8
I'm going, I just got a ticket. I will probably get at least one room too. And I vote for bus!
Riftwing
Riftwing
Arlington, VA
Post #: 7
So tempted to go - it'll be my birthday weekend! Bus is definitely easy, and I'd think splitting rooms would also help to save cash for the dealers' wares.
Dillon
user 14301305
Morgantown, WV
Post #: 12
Being that it would be after I graduate, this would be a pretty cool post-graduation trip for me! I reallllly would love going.... only time will tell.
Nicole (.
user 8330852
Laurel, MD
Post #: 10
I think that since we will have some DC reps up there maybe we should give Lauren Faust a present :) to suck up you know...
Tornado D.
user 34918822
Woodbridge, VA
Post #: 4
I definitely want to go. I plan to buy my ticket soon. I vote bus, that seems like a smart option being cheap and less work than driving. I have no stay plans either, was just planning to 1 run it like i did with AUSA (ie i just didn't sleep the whole time and I still enjoyed it)
Dillon
user 14301305
Morgantown, WV
Post #: 13
Though I am inexperienced with trips n' such, I like me the AMTRAK train. Bout a $60 round trip, goes to Penn Station (which is about 2 minutes away from the con's address... I pretty hyped about this whole thing. Reallllllllly hope my plan sticks and I can go to New York! Never been.
JustinG
user 13756304
Clarksburg, MD
Post #: 1
I plan on going this summer. If We're not taking the bus or train and driving, I can have 3 of you pile in my car (It's really good on gas). My number's 757-403-1038 -Justin.
Tippey764 (.
user 24141812
Washington, DC
Post #: 15
Personally i will be driving again with the same 3 other guys + maybe a 4th one if things can be worked out.
Dillon
user 14301305
Morgantown, WV
Post #: 14
Would someone kindly tell me how sharing a room works? I assume we split the rate, and that would be beneficial...