DC Area MLP:FiM Fans Message Board › I'm new to MLP and the group! Hello!

I'm new to MLP and the group! Hello!

Will B.
user 131309292
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 1
Hello everypony,

My name is Will and I am totally new to MLP: FiM.

I am a friendly, open, honest, caring, helpful, curious, funny, intelligent and loyal. I am a very good listener, love to dance, give very warm hugs, affectionate by nature. I enjoy helping others and being involved in my communities. I am a fan of Star Trek & Wars, Firefly, Doctor Who, Anime, gaming, classic cartoons, The Simpsons, cosplay, Ren Faire and more.

I originally heard about Bronies two and a half years ago. It has been just recently that I really started to explore MLP: FiM. On January 14th, 2014, I had surgery (nothing major) and the recovery period (still going on as of 02/06) would give me lots of time to explore. I wanted to know more. I found many great web sites, documentaries, art, fan made videos, etc… Then I started to watch the show and found that I enjoy it. It’s well done in all areas! I totally love the philosophy, the mindset, creativity and positive attitude of the Brony community. So, that’s a little about me and my beginning explorations into Equestria.

I hope to make it to a meetup soon and meet everypony.

~Will
Will B.
user 131309292
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 2
I have a question, and I will get to it. :-)

My wife, Jenne and I have become Bronies for sure. We even go out to deliberately shop for collectables! We would have bought a day pass for BronyCon, but we already have passes for the Star Trek convention we met at. Oh why do things have to fall on the same weekend!? That's actually not my question. :-)

My question is this. We are older than the Brony age demographic that we have seen in several places online and in news reports. We're over 45. I'm guessing given the Brony culture that it would be okay, but we want to be sure it's okay to come to your meetups?

Thanks for your time,
~Will
Allenix
Allenix
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 13
As our Princess Celestia of the group, I say welcome to DC Bronies! All ages welcome! We do have older members in the group, who come to meetups so you're not alone ;) You should also probably join the Facebook groups https://www.facebook....­ since we're more active on there than here.
Will B.
user 131309292
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 3
Thank you Allenix for getting back to me. Jenne and I appreciate it and we hope to meet everypony soon.

Best regards,
~Will