addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bronies of Northern California - BONC Message Board › japanese/anime stores in the bay area

japanese/anime stores in the bay area

A former member
Post #: 8
I am looking for any suggestions of store's/shops to check out that are Japanese or have anime/manga items. Distances is not a biggie but shop name and address/location would be super helpful.biggrin
Sonya Lynn H.
user 50376082
San Bruno, CA
Post #: 1
Japan Video and Media in the Japan Center in SF is probably the single best brick & mortar anime store in the Bay Area.

And the Kinokuniya Bookstore in the same center has quite the array of manga.

Kinokuniya apparently also has another branch on Saratoga Ave in San Jose.

I can't vouch for them myself, but the Yelpers really seem to like Nikaku Animart on N. 6th in SanJo, and to a lesser event, Anime 101 on Vinyard Town Center in Morgan Hill.

Hope that helps.

Me, personally, I do most of my anime & manga shopping online from the usual suspects: animenation.com, jbox.com, Amazon sometimes…

Good luck!
Mike
MikeStevens
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 25
Anime 101 is run by some good people. Also you may want to visit Anime Palace, which is in a business center in Santa Clara. No actual anime, but they have tons of plushies, toys and models to check out.

http://www.animepalac...­

We missed you at the Tabletop meetup!
A former member
Post #: 9
thanks so much for the possible places to check out. (mike) sorry I was unable to get a ride over there. Hope to make it to another one soon. though the games that where possibly going to be played I had never heard of before.
James C.
user 53757972
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
What kind of anime things are you looking for?

This pretty much covers most places. But it is old some stores are out dated.

http://www.koyagi.com...­

If you are in the SJ area, Legends of Cards and Gaming just recently added a pretty large anime section
Mike
MikeStevens
Santa Clara, CA
Post #: 26
thanks so much for the possible places to check out. (mike) sorry I was unable to get a ride over there. Hope to make it to another one soon. though the games that where possibly going to be played I had never heard of before.
Don't let the unknown quality of the games scare you. That's kind of the fun of these meet ups, considering there's more to tabletop than Monopoly, Uno or Dungeons and Dragons.
For most of us, it tends to be our first time playing the games so someone teaches us the rules as we play. No one expects A level play, just an excuse to hang out and have a little fun.