addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bronies of Northern California - BONC Message Board › Derpy Video Project

Derpy Video Project

Muffyn-Man
user 82939692
Elk Grove, CA
Post #: 1
Hi everypony, I have a friend who is starting a perspective video of the character, Derpy. He's going to express some views that some people in the fandom or outside the fandom may have not considered when the character was such a controversy. We need some fan views of the character. If you are apathetic of the character, if you love the character, and why you feel the way you feel. Let me know if you can. Recordings or written messages are both welcomed.
Brandon R.
user 87631752
San Francisco, CA
Hello I am the person who is making this video and like my friend said we would like to see your point of view of the subject because I want to add it to the video to give it more meaning.
Tyfighter
user 53157592
San Jose, CA
Post #: 11
Hello Brandon, my nickname is Tyfighter (or JazzyTyfighter on deviantART) and here is my opinion about Derpy:

I have been a brony for over a year now and I have come to enjoy the different characters of the show. Whether they are part of the mane cast or not. It’s always hard for me to pick “Who is best pony?” They all have their different qualities and quirks that make them stand out from another.

Before I begin, I want to point out that I joined the fandom after the Derpy incident. When I first heard about Derpy’s concept and the origin of her name, I thought it was hilarious. I may be going against hundreds to possibly thousands of other bronies, but I think it was a good move to have her voice changed. Derpy sounded like a boy and a mentally challenged person. Even I noticed this when I first saw the episode. I like her new voice because it’s exactly how I imagined it: a bubbly or ditzy girl. However, I don’t like how her name was completely edited out because the word, “derpy” was considered offensive. I heard people associate the term “derp” with mental retardation and that is unfair. I thought “derp” was a term for a goofy face and nothing else.

I love the idea of having her as the Where’s Waldo of the series. It’s a fun challenge for the fans and it’s humorous to see where she pops up. I even made a drawing in the style of Where’s Waldo for Derpy.

We can tell she has an impact on the fandom based on all of the merchandise with her image. We have the official figure that was distributed at San Diego Comic-Con (despite not using her name); an official trading card; the endless number of t-shirts at Hot Topic and We Love Fine; comic book covers; and many more. I hope her return in “Magical Mystery Cure” is a sign that she will continue to make appearances in the show.
Brandon R.
user 87631752
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
Your point of view on derpy was very interesting. I really like how you have a positive reaction on her voice being more towered her happy type of character. Thank your for your opinion and I would like to talk to you more about it.
Alyssa L.
user 88653142
San Francisco, CA
I am a part of many fandoms, but My Little Pony beats all. Derpy Hooves is a popular character that started as either an animation error or a joke by one of the animators. She was quickly pulled into the fandom and has lived there as a celebrity ever since.
When I heard that they might not have her as a background character on any new episodes I was so sad! Even Lauren Faust has hinted at her disappearing, so I'm pretty sure it's true.

I'm a female brony, or pegasister (I'll go by either), and I've loved Derpy since I saw her crossed yellow eyes. But I noticed straight away that her voice sounded weird, and I knew she wouldn't last long after that. I think if they had just started with a regular voice Derpy could have become an exceptional character, she may have even gotten to play a major role in a later episode.
It is amazing and awesome just how famous this ditsy pony has become. Even my brothers, who *hate* all things girly know who she is. I have seen Derpy toys, stickers and shirts *everywhere,* both mass-produced and fan-made by hand. (The only place I haven't seen her merchandise is alongside the other Hasbro-made toys, due to the fact that parents don't like her.) I have my own Derpy shirt and bag, and plan on getting other Derpy-related things in the future.
She has pretty much become the Brony Icon.

Did anyone ever notice that she's always alone when she shows up in the background? I don't know.. It's just something I've noticed. It's kind of depressing, really.
Maybe the other ponies are freaked out by her cross-eyes. :T

Wouldn't it be cool if they made some sort of episode to redeem Derpy, and I've heard of many bronies talking about this. I am quite surprised that I haven't yet seen a whole big fan-animation story about her yet, but I'm sure it's coming. Many have said that it should be about how the ponies learn to tolerate Derpy's "problems" or about how she is mocked and ridiculed, but eventually stands up for herself and eventually everyone gets along with her.

I see Derpy as a silly, clumsy, muffin-loving mailpony who probably could use some supportive friends.
I'm not sure if this quite fits the criteria for what you were looking for, but these are my opinions and views, along with what I know.
Brandon R.
user 87631752
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Thank you for your reply. If you don't mind would like to add this to the video while crediting you. If so how would you want me to credit you?
Alyssa L.
user 88653142
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
Do you mean me?
If so then.. Well do you mean putting my name there? Because there's hundreds of people who share my first and last name. I do have a nickname- Alycat Ki-en
Brandon R.
user 87631752
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
I left out some parts when I ask how you wanted me to credit you however you answers my question anyway.
Alyssa L.
user 88653142
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Alright..

There's not a lot of people answering this thing..
Cody J.
user 89424542
San Francisco, CA
Ever since i started watching MLP i waited and watched to see when Derpy would pop up. I was very disappointed when i found out that she was just a background character, elated when she had actual screen-time in that one episode, then disappointed again that it was the only one. I personally love Derpy, and I think she should have more screen-time, and that she deserves a good backstory, so i strongly appreciate what your friend is doing. Give him my best.