While still basking in the glow of our wonderful Luncheon at Gargiulo’s, we're busy planning our May meeting. It’s going to be fun!
Our activities include:
- Learn Magic Loop and Knit a Preemie Cap
- Wingspan KAL—Show It Off + Raffle Prize
Our very own Jen Potter—BKCG Member, knitter extraordinaire, winner of our Cup Cozy Contest—will teach us the Magic Loop method.
We’ll be learning by knitting a simple preemie cap, and the hats will be donated to a local hospital. So you learn something good, and you do good! We’ll provide the pattern.
What You'll Need:
- Machine-washable yarn
- Circular needle, 40" long, in a size appropriate for the yarn you choose
- Choosing your yarn: use fingering, sock, sport, DK, or worsted
- Yeardage requirement 50 - 100 yards. The heavier the yarn, the fewer the yards you'll need. For example, worsted will require fewer yards than sport.
Even if you are a Magic Loop pro, you can join us to make the preemie cap, or you can just relax and work on you won project!
You’ve created your beautiful Wingspan Shawl—now it’s time to show it off! Please bring it to the May meeting. We’re looking forward to seeing all the different yarns and colors everyone used, as well any pattern mods.
Not yet finished with your Wingspan? Bring it anyway! You can show it off and work on it.