Brooklyn/Queens Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Meetup Message Board › Minutes and Next Steps

Minutes and Next Steps

Sarah
user 7551650
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hello everyone! I just emailed everyone from the email list I got on Monday, but a few emails bounced back and I wanted to make sure everyone who came got this.

-Sarah

Thank you again so much for coming out Monday, I was so excited to see that there was so much interest in getting this group organized. I think there is incredible potential and we have a great group of RPCVs willing to take an active role in this group's development.

Moving forward, I identified a "point" person for each of the tentative committees. I think it's still a little early to vote on officers, but for now it makes sense for each committee to have someone who can be the point person and coordinate. If you are interested in joining a particular committee please email the person below. None of this is set in stone and there will be other roles in the future, but for now it would be great for all those who are interested to join a committee and go from there. If you can, please email your contact person by this weekend, so they can start coordinating with your team when to meet next. Since this group will have a number of different aspects, trying to do everything at once during the monthly planning meetings will be a little too much (and boring!).

Service/Fundraising: Shawna (shawna.m.miller@gmail.com­)
Cultural/Social Events: Amanda (adillon07@gmail.com
Networking events: Albert (albert.tan17@gmail.com­)
Communications/Admin stuff: Mae (mae.lindsey@gmail.com­)

We can also discuss more at next week's happy hour! It will be Wednesday the 17th at Drop-Off Service at 6pm, in the lower east side. 3 dollar 20 oz pints!
Also, don't forget about the Story Slam - Peter and I will be working more on it so please let me know if that is something any of you would be interested in helping organize. And please email me if you are interested in doing a story - telling one of your best PC tales! I would like to have a pretty solidified list of who will be performing by early November.

Have a great week! Thanks again for coming, this is going to be awesome. Peace Corps Power! :)

Take care
Sarah

Below are the meeting minutes from Albert:

Purpose

• Networking
  • Social/Culture/Language Practice
  • Service/Fundraising
  • Recruiting

Ideas

• Hikes
  • Potlucks
  • Movies
  • Food
  • Music
  • Bronx Zoo (Career Mentoring)

Greater Apple

• 200 registered
  • RPCVs as a lobyying force ($35 to NCPA, $15 to Greater Apple)

Peace Corps Story Slam

"Moth Podcast"
15 people w/ monologue