Brooklyn/Queens Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Meetup Message Board › Black History Month, looking for panelists on February 4th!

Black History Month, looking for panelists on February 4th!

Sarah
user 7551650
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hello all, message from NY Peace Corps office. Please contact James if you have any questions or would like to be on the upcoming panel:

Greetings fellow RPCVs!

My name is James and I work out of the Peace Corps’ Northeast Recruitment Office in New York City. Some of you have received messages from me in the past, and for those of you who haven’t - I’m also an RPCV (Mozambique 2005-2009). And I’m writing to you because we have an event on Monday, February 4th celebrating Black History Month and we’re looking for panelists.

Here are the details:

· Topic: Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Panel Discussion in honor of Black History Month

· Date & Time: Monday, February 4th 2013 at 6:00PM (goes until 7:30pm at the latest)

· Location: Peace Corps Northeast Regional Office – 201 Varick Street, Suite 1025, New York, NY 10014 (Houston Street stop on the 1 train)

· Description: Every year we celebrate Black History Month with a panel of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers sharing their perspectives on what it was like serving as a Black American. We all know there is not one typical experience, and prospective volunteers want to hear a diverse range of perspectives. If you feel you can make a contribution to this discussion, join us!  The event will begin with a short overview of the Peace Corps (which I’ll do), and then we’ll shift to the panelists and conclude by opening up for questions from the audience. I’ll provide you the questions I’ll ask in advance. Pictures, artifacts, etc. are most welcome to share!

Available for this event and feel you can contribute to the discussion? Please let me know as soon as possible by responding to this email and I’ll be in touch.

My colleagues and I in the Northeast Office continue to be grateful for your support of the third goal. We’ll keep you posted on future opportunities that we put together. And of course, if you have events you’re putting on and you require materials or support, just let us know! Our NYC Recruiter is Carey Clinton, and he can be reached at cclinton@peacecorps.gov­ or 212-352-5456[/url].

Looking forward to hearing from and working with you in 2013!

All my best,

James

James Kostenblatt Regional Recruitment Supervisor RPCV, Mozambique 2005-09

Peace Corps Northeast Regional Office - New York•201 Varick Street, Suite 1025•New York, NY