Brooklyn/Queens Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Meetup Message Board › CALL FOR STORIES!!! Story tellers needed for Peace Corps Story Slam, July 19th!

CALL FOR STORIES!!! Story tellers needed for Peace Corps Story Slam, July 19th!

Sarah
user 7551650
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Hello!
It's that time again. We are fervently in the midst of organizing our next Story Slam, which is going to possibly be our best and biggest event ever. This is a chance for RPCVs to grab the mic, take the stage and share one of their best PC tales of adventure in front of a live audience. For that to happen though we need YOU!
If you are interested in sharing a story, please send an email to rpcv.nyc@gmail.com with a 5 sentence detailed description of what your story will be about. We want to select a great balance of stories for the night, and we can't do that without knowing what you'll be sharing! Also, we will be meeting all our story tellers ahead of time, so you must be willing to let us buy you a coffee and chat :) Peter was kind enough to draft an example below in case you get stuck on how to write your short draft:
1) Hi, I'm Peter, and I served in Kyrgyzstan.  2) My story is a comedic telling of the time I took a poop in a playground.  3) The story starts as I am teaching an English club in my village's resource room. 4) At the end of class, I realize I need to use the bathroom immediately.  5) I rush outside only to find that the outhouse's door has been locked shut--frantic searches for a private dumping ground prove futile...

If interested, please email your story idea by SUNDAY JUNE 30th. We will be going through all submissions and making the selection that week. Also, stories will be recorded for our new podcast (but you can definitely opt out of having your story shared) - Speaking of, check out our awesome podcast on iTunes, Where There is No TP
We will be regularly adding more stories, make sure to give it a listen. Also, if you would like to help out with this event, we really do need a few volunteers! Email rpcv.nyc@gmail.com

Thanks! See you all soon!