Event on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/305150972890153/
Date :5 May 2012 (SATURDAY)
Location : Damai Wall @ Kampung Wira Damai, Pinggiran Batu Caves.
Pre-requisite Skill (a MUST) : minimum Top Rope Climbing & Belaying
Class Size : 8 pax
To assist adults to make the transition from “top rope climbing” to “lead climbing” in an outdoor environment.
Skills Taught during Traditional Lead Climbing Course:
- Introduction to Lead Climbing - how is it different from top-roping?
- Equipment required for Lead Climbing
* Dynamic ropes - static vs dynamic, how a rope helps to absorb the impact of a fall?
* Quickdraws (Runners) and Slings - knots for tying slings (tape and double fisherman)
* Prusik (Prussik) Hitch – tying the knot and utilizing the knot
*Belaying Devices - different devices and Italian hitch & Clove hitch
* Care of equipment
- Basic rope management - Rope coiling and uncoiling, Care of ropes
- Lead Climbing & Lead BelayingTechniques
- Positioning the belayer for lead climbing
- Clipping the Quickdraw to the Protection (Bolt) & Rope correctly. Understanding the mistakes of back-Clipping & Z-Clipping
- Lead Falling and Holding falls
- Anchor Set-up - basic anchor set-up system for rappelling and top-roping, and the use of Clove hitch & Double loop figure eight
Rappelling - safe rappel techniques using a back-up system
- Demonstrate a easy lead climb, including clipping bolts correctly, using climbing calls, and safe rope handling
RM 120 per person
Equipment provided during the course:
- Quickdraws (Runners)
- Belay Set
- Climbing Shoes
Instructor : Mr Yan