A new leanto was completed this spring on the Bova Ski Trail in Allegany State Park (replacing one that had been removed a few years ago. There is also an older, but still usable, leanto on the Snowsnake trail. This 9.6 mile hike will take us to both leantos. All trails, no bushwhacking. Difficulty is moderate due to up and downs.
We will meet at the Summit area parking lot, which is in front of the Art Roscoe Ski Center lodge.
1. We will start at the Summit area parking lot, then follow the Snowsnake Ski Trail (shown in blue) to its southern most point.
2. Then we follow the Ridge Run Ski Trail (shown in white) to the new Bova leanto where we stop for lunch.
3. Then we follow the Bova Ski Trail (shown in yellow) to the Bova Ski Area.
4. Then we follow the Bova-Patterson Ski Trail (shown in purple) that takes us back to the intersection with the Paterson, Snowsnake, and Ridge Run Trails.
5. Then we follow the Patterson Ski Trail (shown in orange) back to the Summit Parking Lot (on the way back we can take the short side trip to the Summit Fire Tower)
Link to G4Map:
Link to elevation profile: