Buffalo Hiking Club Message Board › I can't wait to get back on the trail

I can't wait to get back on the trail

Angie K.
user 51500112
Erie, PA
Post #: 15
Another two weeks until you can trail test your new equipment???
Gary
WNYTrails
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 265
Another two weeks until you can trail test your new equipment???
LOL...yes, at the very least 2 more weeks.

At the pre-op orientation one of my fellow patients asked what happens if we dislocate the joint. The instructor said "we transport you to an ER, where they fill with you drugs until you either pass out or stop screaming, then we twist it back into place."

I'm doing everything possible to avoid that experience.
Karen P (Twin 2.
user 36448942
Holland, NY
Post #: 42
Yikes! That sounds horrifying!
Angie K.
user 51500112
Erie, PA
Post #: 16
As much as we are looking forward to having you join us on the trail the thought of having to carry a screaming Gary out of the woods is not a pleasant one. We can wait until you are confident that you are ready to do this!
Gary
WNYTrails
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 266
I really pushed it this weekend. The left hip is doing great, just tight from not having bent past 90 degrees for the last 6 weeks. But the left knee and left hip have been getting worse.

I'm thinking of hiking to the leanto in Boyce State Forest this Saturday if the weather is good, If all feels good, I will take the horse trail back to the parking lot, if not I'll just return to the parking lot from the leanto. So the total hike will only be 2 to 3 miles - unless I feel reaal good, then I might hike to the end of the FLT trail and back to the junction with the horse trail, then along the horse trail back to the parking lot, but that would probably be pushing it.

However, I can bring maps and directions for anyone who joins me and wants to do a longer hike if I decide to keep it short. I could even nap at the leanto waiting for those who go to the end of the FLT to return.

Mickey will be with me. He is a 9-year old mixed lab that my daughter rescued then left with me. She had him certified as a therapy dog so he loves to be around people and be petted.
Karen P (Twin 2.
user 36448942
Holland, NY
Post #: 43
I would love to go if I weren't already babysitting! Don't push too hard!
Angie K.
user 51500112
Erie, PA
Post #: 17
Sorry, I won't be able to join you. I'm going out of town this afternoon and won't be back until Sat. Be careful and let us know how it goes.
Linda F.
user 104209502
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 2
I would absolutely love to hike Boyce State Forest this Saturday. And since I haven't hiked in ages and ages 2-3 miles would be just fine for me!
Gary
WNYTrails
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 267
I would absolutely love to hike Boyce State Forest this Saturday. And since I haven't hiked in ages and ages 2-3 miles would be just fine for me!
Linda, I'll post the hike in the list later this week
Cecelia S.
user 118725602
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 4
Hope all went well with your surgery. I don't usually hike in the summer, hate heat & humidity. My Mom ( 92 yrs old) passed away in June, also dealing with a dog with a severe noise phobia, but will try to go on the June 19 hike if it doesn't look like rain! Have to take the dig along & thunder would be a huge problem with her.