Buffalo WordPress Users Message Board › WordPress Meetup Structure Changes

WordPress Meetup Structure Changes

Andy S.
user 10751124
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Hey Everyone,

As we've continued to grow, we've found it harder and harder to keep a good mix of beginner & advanced topics and discussion. This is a good problem to have, as it shows that our meetup is still growing.

What we're going to do from this point forward is to split the meetups into 2 Types.
Beginner/Intermediate Meetup - Great for poeple a bit intimidated by code, or just looking for blogging tips, etc...
Advanced Users Meetup -  Built for people with an understanding of HTML, CSS, and some PHP.

Since we have a Meetup every 2 weeks, we're going to be alternating, so each meetup will happen once a month. We hope this helps keep everything on topic and that everyone can then get more out of attending meetups.

Feel free to attend both Meetups each month is you'd like, whatever you're comfortable with.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Andy
A former member
Post #: 9
Thank you Andy. It's a good idea. I came to only one meetup and felt lost because I'm completely new to wordpress, and I felt intimidated by all the "professional there". Though I want to learn, and be able to use it. I'm in the field of foreign languages so i want to be able to use it for my blogs and my web sites.
Thanks in advance for all what you do .
Liz