Buffalo Dachshund Club Message Board › Help in searching for a rescue

Help in searching for a rescue

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone!
I am not yet a daschund owner, but hope to be soon! My family and I would like to rescue a daschund and I am looking to find reputible organizations to do this from. I was hoping to get some assistance from daschund owners on here who know best!
I do prefer rescues closer to the Buffalo area, as we already have a dog and do not want to have to travel far for her to meet her potential brother or sister.
Thank you for your help!
~Michelle
Emily
Emsieb318
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 158

Hi Michelle- Try Pixie Mamas Rescue- they are local and often have doxies, and also you can try using PetFinder.com to locate other local doxies in need. Also, the SPCA Serving Erie County has had a few doxies in the past, just keep checking their website! Best of luck!
Janice
teddysma
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 15
Check with the SPCA about a program that they have where you pay $100 and give them your preferences in a dog and they notify you when they get a dog that meets your preferences. I believe you are on the list for a year and the $100 goes towards the price of the adoption, etc., once you find a dog. You have priorty over any walk-ins also.
A former member
Post #: 3
Thank you, Emily and Janice! I will be looking into both options! I appreciate it!